Hi guys, so i decided to throw my hat into the ring of this fantastic contest. The prizes are just so great, i figured i had to give it some kind of shot! haha I would love to know what you guys think of my work on this backing track, i personally found it hard to write a melody over it, SO I decided thats what i would try to do for the WHOLE solo (Figuring most of the other people would shred, and im not as crazy as some of the guys in this contest, that's for sure!), but dont worry, there's still some shreddy goodness!!!
Anyways guys, i would love to hear what you think!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoTJLwxgyDI

As always, i will gladly C4C!!!

Thanks,

Jake P
What I really like most is the how you incorporated the solo, especially with the whole tap and slide thing, which is very creative to put here, adding some sort of a flavor in the classical area. Good job and best of luck on the contest! There's really not much to say but for the pure fact is that your tone sounds crystal clear.
That tap slide thing was awesome!
I have never seen that before. Im gonna have to use that!
Your bends are clear and tight. You should keep throwing up solo videos like this, even after the contest. Good luck man! Great playing

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
That tap slide thing was awesome!
I have never seen that before. Im gonna have to use that!
Your bends are clear and tight. You should keep throwing up solo videos like this, even after the contest. Good luck man! Great playing

Thanks a lot man!!! Im definitely going to do that!!! I would actually love to do some guest solos for people, i might try and look into that. As for the tapping thing, im not exactly sure where i learned it from, i know dime did some similar stuff in the walk solo to the fast tap slide thing, the melody tap slide thing, im not sure where i learned that technique . Its pretty simple actually, tapping in general is simple haha thats why i use it so much! haha
It's been said enough already, but that tap slide is genius! I'm not much of a lead player myself, but I think you'll bring some hefty competition for the prize.
First of all, thanks for reviewing my cover man!

I'm so glad you didn't take the mindless shred road, this will give you more chances to win since there's some actual feeling and original parts (tap slide/waterfall thing).
By the way, when can we vote? (I'd vote for you obviously)
Firstly, I really liked your tone, it sounds great.
That's an amazing solo, I prefer solos like that than just shredding...
And I'm in love with that tapping part
GOOD JOB!
Loved your tap/slide technique (that I'll now have to try to master like you), very creative solo and great tone. I'm glad you didn't shred like a maniac and best of luck for your contest !
Last edited by FloodEver at Jun 15, 2014,
Thanks everybody so far!!!!
Quote by VíctorG
First of all, thanks for reviewing my cover man!

I'm so glad you didn't take the mindless shred road, this will give you more chances to win since there's some actual feeling and original parts (tap slide/waterfall thing).
By the way, when can we vote? (I'd vote for you obviously)

Thanks man! Its not a voting contest unfortunately, its all judged by andy james himself
Dude...as always: tasty, dynamic, accurate, expressionist playing here. I am just at a loss for words. The phrases that you have decided to use over the track are just mind-boggling/blowing and all. I really love the way you interpret the metalcore backings.
It is a pleasure to hear from you. Keep it up. Waiting for more!
Thanks so much for the crit buddy!

I really like some of the ideas you have, especially the hungarian minor and slid tapping ideas. I think you can still develop your phrasing quite a bit though, having a 4 bar phrase compliment or lead to a next. Tell a story, develop the solo but that being said, its clear you have some very interesting stuff going on and I like where its heading! Good job dude and once more thanks for your kind words on my vid gluck in the contest!
I'm blown away..I'm not more on the lead since I do acoustic..but your melody really captures my ear and the tapping part is amazing! all the best to you in the contest..

Thanks on your comment on my cover it boost my moral to create more nice covers.