I'm about to embark on building a TS808 clone. Brought the kit and a soldering iron - so have all I need to get cracking... but, I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

I have a schematic drawing, a bag of bits and a lot of switches and wires! - which means bugger all to me!!! I have just realized as clever as I think I am, I know nothing about electronics!

Has anyone tried to build a clone and are there any good websites with videos or guides for complete beginners?

Determined to do this, but some advice would be good!
Rock on and ROCK HARD!

My Gear:
Fender Tele Deluxe (with Bareknuckle Nail Bombs)
Dearmond M77T Jet
Ibanez Roadstar II
Mesa Boogie F100 (100w)
Blackstar Distortion
Morley Wah
Marshall Echohead / Regenerator
Boss Graphic
I'd assume the kit came with instructions. And if not, there are either values on the board, or the component numbers on the board match up with those on the schematic.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you bought it as a kit it should have come with some sort of instructions or at the very least a parts layout. Building kits is by far the easiest way to clone pedals. You have a PCB and all the parts you need right there. Sure beats having to source your own parts, make a board layout, make the PCB (or build on perfboard), layout, drill, paint, and decal the enclosure, etc.