Recently got a PRS SE 245. Modded it some, but it was painfully obvious that it wasn't anywhere near the guitar my S2 Cu24 is. My tech offered to trade me for it, so after thinking about it a bit I jumped at the chance.

A few weeks ago I picked up a Peavey Classic 50 on a trade. This time it's a Genz Benz El Diablo 100 watt head and a 4x12 Marshall Cab. I think I lucked out considering the guitar was not going to get any play time.

I have had it all of 2 days. I have played it a lot, but I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do. It gets the tones that my Classic 50 can get, from sparkly clean to classic rock types of distortion. But it also stretches into heavy distortion very easily. From sludgy, droning, Electric Wizard, to stiff and punchy compressed OD, it is doing it all.

I have found some good tones I have looked for a long time. I've always wanted a tight, heavy sound that doesn't sustain out, and now I finally have the sound that I've kept hearing in my head.

My only complaint is that there is so much to this amp that is going to take a while to figure it out. I am more of a plug it in and play type of person, but it is going to take quite a while to learn the ins and outs of this amp.

Overall, very happy with it. It has some buzz on the reverb, so I may have to swap the tank, I dunno. I am going to have to take a video of it and get some advice on it.

Here it is, the soundtrack to Satan's fury.

Ibanez SR1200E
Lotsa knobs you got there. Looks good though, HNAD! Does it have built-in fx like a vyper or something?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
nice! enjoy it. log off and go play.

i have a genz benz bass amp and its a great amp. a bit small for a bass amp (200 watts 2x10" + tweeter) but it sounds good.

if yours is anything like mine, they are pretty bulletproof.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Nice

They can be a bit complex to dial in, but when you figure it out it sounds pretty good
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lucky1978
Lotsa knobs you got there. Looks good though, HNAD! Does it have built-in fx like a vyper or something?

No built in effects, but it has 2 channels, some kind of "attack" controls, that I really haven't got into yet. Like I said, there are a lot of knobs, and I prefer simplified controls. But the amp sounds good so far.

The eq is very responsive. I've had some amps where it seems like you have to go from one extreme setting to another to get noticeable changes in sound. This one, a little twist of a knob goes a long way.
Ibanez SR1200E
^ yeah the eq is active on it

^^ yeah i have a streamliner 600, focus 4x10 cab and black pearl 2x12
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?