Hey. There is a guy selling a Peavey Rockmaster pre-amp for about 200 €uros which to me seems like a good deal. But I'd like to hear some opinions. Information, as are samples, are relatively scarce but apparently some people think (including Dallas from Nile) that its Metals one of the best kept secrets (whatever that means... ), it should offers a lot for what it costs in used market.

But I'd like to hear more information and opinions. What it sounds like or what amp it resembles in Peavey line-up. (apparently Peavey Ultra or XXX?) And most of all is that a good deal?

*edit* I forgot to mention, I play Thrash, Death and sometimes Black Metal in my bedroom. Not modern djenty core bullshit, just good old saturated chainsaw headbanger stuff.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jun 15, 2014,
It is basically the Peavey Ultra+ preamp section which later became the JSX, it is a bit different than the Ultra/XXX
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So you would say its worth buying?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
If you like those amps, yes I'd get it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
XXX and JSX? Yes. Rockmaster? Thats the question as I have not heard Ultra itself. I cant test the Rockmaster due to busy schelude through the next few weekends and being at work during the week. I'd have to buy it blind, if the sellers is willing to send it in the first place.

I guess I will contact the seller now.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I've been using a Rockmaster into a Classic 60/60 power amp for a little over a year. I'm very happy with the setup. You can dial in a tone for pretty much any type of metal. Shitloads of gain on tap too. Also the effects loop options can't be beat. One loop for each of the three channels, one for crunch & ultra together, and one global. If it doesn't include the footswitch, try to get him to knock off 30 euro. If it doesn't have one, you can build one for really cheap if you don't want to buy one.