Hello, I recently got a new Peavy Vypyr amp, and so far I love it. Just one of the things I have been trying to figure out is how to get a good fuzz tone, in the style of psychedelic blue musicians on it. I have seen models that have a fuzz tone option on a third dial, but I think that I have an older model as it only has two dials. If anyone knows how to get a good sixties-seventies style fuzz effect, any advice would be very useful. Thanks, bye.
No, you've got the Vypyr 15, which doesn't have the Stompbox modeling. It's gonna be difficult to get fuzz out of it.

The closest you're going to get to fuzz I think would be to set it to "Tube Scrm" under effects and crank the pre-gain. For the amp model, I would try a few different ones. Maybe the Plexi setting?
^ +1

If possible I would definitely recommend getting a bigger one, a Tube 60 if you can swing it.

The 15 is pretty much a toy in comparison.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by toby0914
Hello, I recently got a new Peavy Vypyr amp, and so far I love it. Just one of the things I have been trying to figure out is how to get a good fuzz tone, in the style of psychedelic blue musicians on it. I have seen models that have a fuzz tone option on a third dial, but I think that I have an older model as it only has two dials. If anyone knows how to get a good sixties-seventies style fuzz effect, any advice would be very useful. Thanks, bye.

60s and 70s style fuzz tends to be rather different. Fuzz Face and the like is 60s while something like a EH Big Muff is more 70s (think Hendrix vs Dave Gilmour) I have yet to find a modeler that does fuzz all that great. the Line 6 POD I use for recording has a fuzz option but it's not all that great. not sure how well an actual fuzz pedal might sound with that amp either as they often don't play nice with distortion style pedals.