So heres the quick rundown.
I am being sued in civil court.
I need a lawyer.
I cant afford a lawyer.
My parent's income is too hight to apply for legal aid.
My parents are gamblers and shopaholics so they don't have money.

What can I do?
Your join date is 2006, so roughly 8 years since then and you still have yet to claim yourself as an independent from your parents?
Quote by That Old Geezer
Your join date is 2006, so roughly 8 years since then and you still have yet to claim yourself as an independent from your parents?

I also joined when I was 12.
Quick! Call the p...

Oh...
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Joined when you were 12. Let's assume you haven't even had your birthday for the year of 2014, so 7 years have passed since then. That means you would currently be 19, or even 18 at the bare minimum. In Canada the age of independence is 18 so I don't understand why you would be under their income. Are you a student or are you working?

Also why are you being dragged to civil court? You can't come to pit for advice without giving us the details.
I keep confusing AxeToFall with Axelfox.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
You may be able to apply for legal assistance under your own (lack of) income. IDK what the laws are in Canada, but I would imagine that they aren't just going to let you get raped in court because your parents can't/won't buy you a legal defense.

But if all else fails most lawyers will offer free phone consultations, so you can call one up and get advice on what steps to take.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by That Old Geezer
Joined when you were 12. Let's assume you haven't even had your birthday for the year of 2014, so 7 years have passed since then. That means you would currently be 19, or even 18 at the bare minimum. In Canada the age of independence is 18 so I don't understand why you would be under their income. Are you a student or are you working?

Also why are you being dragged to civil court? You can't come to pit for advice without giving us the details.

Can you not still be under your parents income after your 18th birthday in Canada?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Kill your parents
Get insurance money
Use money to pay court + lawyer fees
Countersue for making him kill your parents to come up with the money
??????
Profit
Quote by That Old Geezer

Ok, so I am actually writing this to get advice for my gf who does not have a ug account and therefore does not know the beauty *cough cough* of the pit.

Its a sexual harassment case concerning her former employer who fired her for not banging him. After contacting the police we contacted the HR department of her former work to file a claim. Her former employer saw this compaint and now is sueing her for defacing his character.

So in summary, my gf's employer is a bitch and a half. And thats why shes being dragged to court.
Quote by corrda00
Ok, so I am actually writing this to get advice for my gf who does not have a ug account and therefore does not know the beauty *cough cough* of the pit.

Its a sexual harassment case concerning her former employer who fired her for not banging him. After contacting the police we contacted the HR department of her former work to file a claim. Her former employer saw this compaint and now is sueing her for defacing his character.

So in summary, my gf's employer is a bitch and a half. And thats why shes being dragged to court.

Well that blows. Consider what other people said about a free phone consultation if you can't get a lawyer at all? There is payment plans with some lawyers by the way, it would be easier than paying in full at one time if money is that tight for her..
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I keep confusing AxeToFall with Axelfox.

Ouch, very ouch.
Quote by corrda00

Ohhhhh okay. Well, I don't really think it'll go too far, honestly. What kind of proof does your gf have to back up her story? If she has no proof then it won't go too far on her side. However, the employer could be going after defamation of character charges which, he better have proof of, as well. I don't think much will come of it on your/her side though. Unless you're leaving out specific details pertaining to the case that could be helpful to know.
Quote by innertom
sail to mexico on your bathroom door

I laughed quite hard over that.
Quote by corrda00
She has emails where he blatently said to have sex with her or be fired. Thats proof enough.

Well fucking hell you have this case in the bag then don't you?

If she's also looking for a cash settlement I'm sure a lawyer would easily consider the case with evidence like that provided he gets a good sum of the money too.
Quote by That Old Geezer
Well fucking hell you have this case in the bag then don't you?

If she's also looking for a cash settlement I'm sure a lawyer would easily consider the case with evidence like that provided he gets a good sum of the money too.

That's precisely what I was going to say.

You two are fine assuming she didn't reply to that email with ANYTHING the employer can use as fuel in his defense.

Edit, That and any coworkers that may have something against her that is court worthy.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Jun 16, 2014,
Quote by corrda00

He is only countersuing to try to get her to drop her claim. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

I would be absolutely astounded if Canada did not have some sort of government entity where their purpose is to protect workers from this sort of thing.

Have her call up whatever is Canada's equivalent of the Department of Labor. I can imagine that they have at least a couple lawyers that they keep on the payroll to represent workers in court.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
You can defend yourself can't you? I mean it's hard to do but with enough witnesses about the sexual harassment thing, he would have no leg to stand on.

if you really can't afford a lawyer, then that's your only real option I think.

Isn't it true that the loser of a case has to pay for the winners atturney though? I'm not sure about this but I heard something like this years ago, so I'm not even sure if it's true.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Jun 16, 2014,
Quote by doomded
He is only countersuing to try to get her to drop her claim. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

I would be absolutely astounded if Canada did not have some sort of government entity where their purpose is to protect workers from this sort of thing.

Have her call up whatever is Canada's equivalent of the Department of Labor. I can imagine that they have at least a couple lawyers that they keep on the payroll to represent workers in court.

This man.

If everyone talked to Human Resources over things that weren't supposed to be happening to employees at work, you'd all be at risk of being counter sued. It's not right.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I will represent you. I am lawyer.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
You can defend yourself can't you? I mean it's hard to do but with enough witnesses about the sexual harassment thing, he would have no leg to stand on.

if you really can't afford a lawyer, then that's your only real option I think.

Isn't it true that the loser of a case has to pay for the winners atturney though? I'm not sure about this but I heard something like this years ago, so I'm not even sure if it's true.

Sometimes. It depends on the Judge hearing the case. Costs are usually discretionary.

Also TS, look into whether or not there is some sort of advocate program in your area. These are different to legal aid in that they often work for small legal clinics, but receive government funding to represent these sort of people.

Or as has been suggested, try contacting the department that deals with workers affairs.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Legal advice? Bury the hooker in a forest. No one will search for them so don't worry.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by doomded

Yeah, this.

If that doesn't work out, I'd try checking if there's any organizations working against sexual harrassment, or broader issues related to that, and contact them. Even if they can't provide a lawyer themselves, they might help you contact someone who can.
Quote by corrda00
She has emails where he blatently said to have sex with her or be fired. Thats proof enough.

don't need a lawyer to print out a couple pages, job done lad
Quote by willT08
don't need a lawyer to print out a couple pages, job done lad

this. if it's true what you say he's ****ed no matter what. and not by your GF.... I hope
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500