Page 1 of 3
i would title this thread 'are you happy with your looks' but i have a feeling that more people would be unhappy with their looks.

for people that are generally unhappy with their looks:

do you think you'll ever get to a point where you are happy about them?

how much does it affect your romantic life?

what do you think needs to change before you start feeling better about your looks?

for people that are generally happy with their looks:

have you always been happy with your looks?

are you a confident person?

do you have fulfilling relationships?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
i'm ok with my looks, i'm no model but i have good facial symmetry, height and build. the only thing i don't like is my shitty skin and the fact that i can't grow a beard
I think I look decent, maybe like a 6.5/10, but I could use a sharper jaw and a less round cheek bone.
I've noticed the more weight I lose the more I feel I need to lose. Basically I'm in a perpetual state of needing to drop 10 lbs. Though I really think this last 8-10 will do the trick. My face is really wide. My side profile looks terrible as chin connects directly to my neck. My body looks terrible when skinny and when fat. I have a really thin, small weakling frame.

I look alright though. I'd say I'm probably a 6 on a scale of 1-10 if I'm being objective.

I think it affects my romantic life only insofar as I don't even bother talking to some girls because I perceive them as out of my league, destined to some more handsome, chiseled, better paid dude and not settling for any less.

I think losing 8-10 lbs will have me feeling better about my own looks. I never thought I was exceptionally good looking in high school, but seeing pics of me from then in hindsight I think, "Damn. I was pretty handsome."
#DTWD
Im not and i wanted to let those who are im not unhappy....
But really i dont think im ugly at all but if you are and someone cheats on you, thats your excuse.
Being beautiful when that happens you start to realize we're all *****s and you're probably better of as a virgin with romanticized world views.
Last edited by zachacgt at Jun 16, 2014,
ITT: People who rate themselves higher than they actually are.

You can't objectively judge the way you look.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease

If that were the case I'd be about 7.5 157/10, not 6.5.

Quote by Sleaze Disease

That's not even what the thread is about, shut up and go away.
I think i have a nice face, excluding some annoying acne I need to take care of.

The rest of me I think is a bit slim, but that's one of the reasons why I'm hitting the gym. Funny how when I started lifting I sort of became hyper aware of all my imperfections.

That said though I look a helluva lot better then before I started lifting. I was ridiculously underweight and gained like 30 pounds but I'm still skinny.

No

Much more then I was. Currently one of the things I'm working on

I did. Not for half a decade though. Another thing on my list of things to sort out
Yes and no.

I don't worry about the impossible to change stuff, it is what it is.

But hair style, color etc. I change all the time. Not necessarily because I don't like it, I just get bored.

If I think I've put on a lot of weight, I'll diet and lose it, etc.
well.. the things I'm not too happy with will probably get better with age.

except for my bulging brow ridges.. but i have pretty high cheekbones as well so they might not even look that bad

edit: I'm not really sure if I'm good looking though.. I mean, I've often had family members and especially my mums friends comment on my supposedly good looks,
but I don't really get a lot of comments from chicks who are my age.. though I think I notice girls checking me out from time to time.
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Last edited by CrazyMatt at Jun 16, 2014,
No, and I'm not now. but I'm working on it.

no

Yes
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by laid-to-waste

I've always been relatively happy with how I look. The only thing is that I'll be in tip-top if I was 10-15lbs lighter (weigh about 225-228lbs now), and was in a bit better shape. Other than that, I'm pretty comfortable in my skin.

Yes, pretty confident.

Romantically? **** that shit, I don't want to spend my money on hoes.
Skip the username, call me Billy
- no

- depends on seemingly random factors

- working on it.
Quote by laid-to-waste

Probably not. Constantly raising the bar of expectation is just how I am.

My looks? In just about every facet of getting a relationship. Just as it does with almost anyone else.
what do you think needs to change before you start feeling better about your looks?

I don't know. Most people will tell me to cut my hair. But my long hair is there to help cover up my face. But I'm apathetic to change it because I know I'll never be satisfied.

Nope.

It depends on the type of relationship. The relationships with my friends are fantastic, but all forms of romantic involvement have always resulted in people taking advantage of me.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 16, 2014,
I am not happy with my looks. I mean I'm okay with them but not satisfied yet.

I don't think I'll ever be satisfied because that's just how I am. There's always something else you can do to improve/change yourself, with looks and many other aspects of life.

Doesn't affect my romantic life much except I'm always worried that someone will find me annoying/overly vain for not being satisfied with how I look. People in general don't know that I'm not satisfied because I always act confident

On occasion I am 100% happy with how I look if I take 2 hrs to do my makeup and hair and wear really nice clothes, but that's obviously not practical, so I just settle for being mildly dissatisfied most of the time. For a more permanent solution: lose fat, gain muscle, grow hair out, get a retainer, plastic surgery, try a different skincare routine. I don't have the time/money/motivation to do every single one of these though; my looks are important to me but not THAT important.

I really underestimate how I look though so what I think doesn't affect my interactions with others. I just feel mildly surprised when people say that I look nice. No idea how I'd rate myself
cat
There's nothing to be unhappy about, it's what you got and it's just how it is. Yeah, you get more accepting of it and more comfortable with yourself as you get older. It's a teens/early 20s thing and normal to be insecure if you're not that attractive, even as a guy. The whole beauty thing is really subjective and scales don't do much, there will sometimes be really pretty girls who think you're very attractive and also really ugly ones that think you're repulsive. It's chill.
Quote by aerosmithfan95

Romantically? **** that shit, I don't want to spend my money on hoes.

incredible
I'm okay with my looks, though most of the time I'm not. I'm sure there will be a point when I am happy with my looks, but until them, I just try and keep myself active (I hate the idea of growing up and ending up fat, nor do I want to be skin and bones). At the moment, my romantic life is non-existent... need to build up self-esteem (it's getting there...) :p But to answer all your questions, I just need to keep active and build self-esteem (not much to do then...) until I'm happy.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth

Maybe not 100% happy. but I can get closer.

A lot.

To be honest, my attitude. No amount of exercise (which I'm doing) can change how I feel and think about myself. It' s a confidence and self-esteem issue I've had since forever. But hey, I'm working on fixing it so at least I've got that going for me. I know it won't change without me working for it so I've decided to work for it.
Quote by guitarxo
I am not happy with my looks. I mean I'm okay with them but not satisfied yet.

I don't think I'll ever be satisfied because that's just how I am. There's always something else you can do to improve/change yourself, with looks and many other aspects of life.

Pretty much the same. Tbh i think I'd look way better if i lost a bit of weight. I'm not overtly overweight but it would be nice to lose that excess weight to feel better about myself. My boyfriend loves the way i look but sometimes i think he can do better.
STಠ_ಠ

Besides my awkward medium hair, which will look better once it reaches it's proper long length, i think i have a decent face, nice eyes and healthy skin. People tend to compliment me. I need to put on some mass, im skinny-fat, very average build.

I am confident in my abilities, but i feel unsure of my success in life.

I guess it depends on what kind of relationship it is. I like my smart/funny friends, i just cant be around them for too long or else i get annoyed. But overall, my relationships feel empty. Like i hang out with them, but are they my real, true friends who tell me everything and are honest? i don't think so.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I get the occasional pimple that makes me hate everything, but I'm generally very satisfied about how I look.

No, wasn't always happy about it.
No, not really very confident. I'm a little outgoing, but I'm not really sure of myself.
Nope, don't really have fulfilling relationships, if relationships at all.
Quote by willT08
incredible

Douchey? Yeah, I thought I'd be the guy who had to put in some asshole comment in a Pit thread.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Sometimes yes sometimes no.

There are 2 things that I would do to myself that would make me all around happier with my looks:

I'd pull my ears back, and I'd remove the fat under my chin. I'm not fat anywhere but I seem to put fat on under my chin. It isn't that bad yet but when I hit my late twenties it's going to be bad but by then I'll have the money to get it removed.
Also i'd like to be 6'3" but that's not possible so I don't sweat it that much.

Other than those things I am happy with myself.
Yes I am

have you always been happy with your looks?: No. It wasn't until I started exercising regularly and watching what I eat that I became happy with how I looked.

are you a confident person?: yes.

do you have fulfilling relationships?: yes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm very happy with my looks
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Page 1 of 3