Hey there. I play for an year and a half and i want a solo that will help me develop my technique, yet not so hard to play. Everything from heavy to black metal counts.
Songs i can play
-Death: Crystal mountain (with solo), Voice of the soul, To forgive is to suffer, Story to tell
-Megadeth: Peace sells (Only small solos)
-Pantera: Mouth for war (i manage to do the solo somehow)
-Obituary: Cause of death (With intro,can't play the big solo cause i dont have a tremolo),Slowly we rot

Thanks for the help
Maybe you could try some Metallica balladic solos, like intro to One, Fade to Black solos and similar. Maybe Orion.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
You don't need to play the solos at full speed. Actually you should play them slower first. That's how you figure out how they are played. Then start increasing the speed.

You can play any solo you want to play. Just play it slower. Pay attention to the rhythm and try to play it as cleanly as possible (play it in a tempo where you can play it accurately and without any unwanted string noise/whatever stuff you don't want to hear).

It may not be "metal enough" but Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses. Usually GNR solos aren't that hard. But they have really cool stuff in them. Try some other solos from the same album.

Black Sabbath solos are usually pretty easy.

Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil

Not the most metal stuff, I know. But sometimes it's also good to play some other stuff.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I taught guitar for years and not one single student could play competent solos after a year and a half, hell even bending a string was out of the question, even basic alternate picking patterns were still not developed very well. I have serious doubts that all these solos and songs are up to par for this reason.

Post a recording so we can guide you on what to work on technique wise, and can recommend songs based on that. I can't recommend anything without knowing where you are truly at.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Last edited by British_Steal at Jun 17, 2014,
^ Yeah. TS, even though you said you can play the solos you mentioned, I doubt they really sound good.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I don't really play solos but if I do it always slowed right down then sped up,guitar pro is perfect for this sort of stuff,slowly increase speed and loop it in small sections