Okay, I recently traded an old strat of mine for a VERY nice crate tube amp. I used to have an old crate 212 solid state and hated it, so I was a little weary at first. But I ended up loving it. It has amazing tone and sounds fantastic. I have searched high and low in music stores,and all over and the internet and can't find one bit of information on this thing. All I know is that it was made around 1996. It's a Vintage Club 50 but It only has a clean channel with tremolo and reverb. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever even seen one of these things. If you need pictures, I'll definitely post some. Thanks in advance!
If it was a mexistrat, good deal, if it was an American strat, at least you like the amp. HNAD!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have a Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12. But it has a second channel and no tremolo. Post some pics. I sold a VC50 3x10 for $300 (again w/ 2nd channel and no tremolo). I picked this one up at a pawn shop for $100 because when I went to demo it, it didn't work. Turned out the HT fuse was blown. But they do get bad solder joints and need to be retouched with a solder iron. A lot of amps with pots and jacks directly attached to the circuit board have that problem.

The clean channel is awesome and you can get all the dirt you need from pedals. I was able to get my RP1000 through the clean channel to sound exactly like the crunch channel on the VC50 by using a marshall amp model with the cab set to direct. Cab modeling really messes with the tone.
I'll post some pics of both the guitar and amp soon. It was a 1991 usa tobacco sunburst with a HEAVY relic job. Sounded good though! The amp also had the original speakers removed and had two 12" redcoat tonkers put in. It may sound shabby but it sounds great!
Cheeses Crust! No offense man but I think you lost pretty bad on that trade. On average I think the strat would be worth twice as much. Was it that hit?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
From a resale aspect your trade was not so good. From a functional aspect the amp is a good one if it's in good working order.
If it's single channel it's not a VC50. Pictures would help.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I have a vintage club 50. It is a two channel amp with an independent spring reverb for each channel. Mine has a single 15" speaker. I changed the speaker and the tubes about 10 years ago and it has been solid ever since. It takes pedals very well, not that I use many. I like it because it is in between an fender and a Marshall as far as tone. Try to find another amp, with the same features that comes in 1x15 combo......
Kind of an old thread but I have the same amp and I've been trying to find out more about it. Just found the owners manual so I thought I'd post it if you're still interested. Its a VC5212T

http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/VC5212T.pdf

Took a couple photos of mine too. Pretty beat up but everything is still working fine on it and it was pretty cheap when I bought it.

Just bought one of these this week. Apparently they are few and far between. I have no prior love for Crate amps. My only experience is with SS and would not be interested in a free one. But I must say, I really like this amp. The single channel keeps it real when it comes to a tube amp. Nothing like the natural drive of a guitar and tube amp combined! The VC5212T is sweet , shore muff. Especially at $180.
Just bought one of these this week. Apparently they are few and far between. I have no prior love for Crate amps. My only experience is with SS and would not be interested in a free one. But I must say, I really like this amp. The single channel keeps it real when it comes to a tube amp. Nothing like the natural drive of a guitar and tube amp combined! The VC5212T is sweet , shore muff. Especially at $180.
Just bought one of these this week. Apparently they are few and far between. I have no prior love for Crate amps. My only experience is with SS and would not be interested in a free one. But I must say, I really like this amp. The single channel keeps it real when it comes to a tube amp. Nothing like the natural drive of a guitar and tube amp combined! The VC5212T is sweet , shore nuff. Especially at $180.