Hey guys, I just broke my A string (weird right). and I have band practice tonight. I play with 11s and my band plays classic rock. what strings do you guys like?
Elixirs, but no stores ever have single elixirs. I'd go with ernie balls.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Ernie Ball. Simply because I have no reason to use anything else.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by sanjeeb12
Hey guys, I just broke my A string (weird right). and I have band practice tonight. I play with 11s and my band plays classic rock. what strings do you guys like?

Lol, you better tell us what strings do you use, so we can avoid them
I love D'Addario 9's, I used to use Ernie Ball 9's or heavy top skinny bottom 10's but they broke much more often it seemed.
Last edited by jschoch at Jun 16, 2014,
10-52s, whatever brand's available. So usually Ernie Ball or D'Addarios. I find anything smaller is easy to strum too hard and get a disgusting sounding E chord (on a 24 3/4 inch scale length), and when I'm playing just to enjoy it, I'd rather not be worrying about how I strum beyond hitting the right strings at the right time.
I've been using D'Addario XL Nickel Wound .009-.042 for years now, ever since the first time I tried them.

They feel good to the touch and sound great for longer than other strings I've used before.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
D'Addario, usually 10-52's or 11-56's, depending on the guitar I use. I use to be an Ernie Ball-only guy, tried Dean Markley, Dunlop (some of which I like very much and use them if I need a new set a a local store doesn't have the D'Addario set I want) and such, but when I tried D'Addario I just found what I needed
Quote by necrosis1193
Elixirs, but no stores ever have single elixirs. I'd go with ernie balls.

I honestly think I will never not use Elixirs again unless I NEED to replace broken strings and can't afford Elixirs at the time.

I do think though, that if someone doesn't have problems with killing the tone of their strings tone instantly after playing a short time, then they don't need Elixirs.