http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-iron-label-s-series-six27fdbg-7-string-electric-guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg752lwfx-prestige-rg-series-7-string-electric-guitar

Ok so I know nothing about the new Iron Label line and the quality. I've only owned lower end Ibanez around the $500 or lower price point and always loved the profile and quality minus electronics which doesn't bother me since I would change out with most guitars anyway. Now with the S series Iron label I would get the ebony fretboard which is my favorite fretboard, and love the wood the body is made of, BUT, with the RG, I get the Prestige treatments with the neck, and a nice cap on the body. Pickups on both are same. Bridge is different but haven't had exp with either. I know with prestige line what quality I'm likely to receive, but don't know anything with the new Iron Label Line but the features seem to be what I want. I'm looking at any experience with either one, or opinions to further my research. My wife is a singer and is open to impulse purchases which can cause problems at this price point. She has no problem if it is something I keep but if I don't like it and lose a bit, she will be more critical of future purchases which I understand LOL. She does not mind when I buy music equipment but wants me to invest in stuff I will keep, which I understand. I will work on trying both but don't know if that will happen so I am fishing for experiences and opinions. Thanks in advance for any help.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
RG752, personally.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
any reasons to why
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I know the RG is a prestige whereas the S series is Iron Label but feature wise: S series is 300 dollars cheaper: has mahogany body which I prefer and ebony fretboard which I prefer, however, I know the RG is a prestige model and is going to have more attention to detail but has same electronics along with a basswood body so, for me, it would seems as though the features of the S series model I linked has better features for me than the prestige Rg model.

That's why im looking for help
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I don't like to gamble with a lot of money. I'd feel safer with a MIJ 7, even though it costs more. I already have two Korean 7 strings. But these are just my circumstances, not yours.

I also find the RG752 more aesthetically pleasing than the bubinga/abalone Iron Label... and I love the S bodies...

You get what you want. Get the Iron Label if you really want it.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
A Squier 7 string? It's like a tamer cousin of my AW-7. Want.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
I don't like to gamble with a lot of money. I'd feel safer with a MIJ 7, even though it costs more. I already have two Korean 7 strings. But these are just my circumstances, not yours.

I also find the RG752 more aesthetically pleasing than the bubinga/abalone Iron Label... and I love the S bodies...

You get what you want. Get the Iron Label if you really want it.

I don't care about the money, it's only $300 difference. But I like Mahogany better over every Basswood body I've tried. And I prefer Ebony fretboards. I just know nothing of the quality standards of the Iron Label line. My favorite guitar so far is the Ibanez Rga121 series. My goal is to own two to three of those, on in standard E, one stan.dard Eb, one standard D, and a seven string. I have no desire to tune lower than the low B, otherwise I would play a bass guitar. A thousand dollars is a bit to gamble with, but, I want a quality guitar, I would prefer putting $300 into it if it gets me a better guitar, but the features of the s series I posted are better to me. I like Mahogany body with ebony fretboard, but I know nothing about the Iron Label line, and love the prestige lines I have played. I have more invested in my pedals and much more in my amp than either of these guitars, I want a good quality, seven string right now, feature wise the S series I posted seems better, but, the Rg is a prestige line. That is why im asking for help. I don't give a shit who makes my guitar, I just want to know when I order one, what Im getting and the iron Label line is so new I have very little info on it.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
and my sig is quite out of date, amp is same, I no longer have the schecter because the truss rod was ****ed up preventing me from setting it uup. I run Cmat Mod pedals and a wah pedal. Cmat mods is located next to me and I only use Chad's pedals except for my wah which rarely gets used. I have more Cmat pedals other than listed but shouldn't matter with my request for info.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I guess it should be mentioned Im not looking for a tune to zflat guitar, the low B will be used as an extension to my creativity and not a tune to G and chug guitar. I do like to listen to bands like that, but have no desire to record and write something like that, so don't let that influence the help I get please lol. Im too drunk to realize if I have stated this before lol, just wanted that to be clear.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I've got one guitar for that "G chugging" and another for more tame playing. I understand completely.

Sadly, it seems these haven't sold very well. Struggling to find reviews for it.

I did find one NGD, though.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/254427-ngd-iron-label-six27fd.html

Go find one in a shop and play it. I'd like to hear your opinion on it.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Sadly I work constantly so getting out to shops to play either or even both is rough. And it seems both are new models that keep going out of stock so I may have to wait to get an opportunity to play one unless I blindly pull the trigger. I could only find like maybe a couple reviews on youtube of each so I was really hoping to get some info here from people I trust. Guess they are just too new still lol. I may just wait for some RGA121s to pop up and snag a couple those while I wait. With my Carpal Tunnel and Tendonitis, Ibanez necks are the most comfortable to me, shame its so hard to find quality models that don't have trems. I'm hoping the new Iron Labels with the Gibralter hard tails are their response to that demand but guess I'll have to wait for more info or until I get the time to search for a few to try out. Still hoping someone will pop in here that's had some time with the iron label's, specifically the S series I linked, I worry less blindly buying the prestige RG, but either way, I would prefer playing in person for obvious reasons
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Figure out if you want an RG or an S. They are very different guitars.

The S is very different than most guitars.

I have a Japanese RG520 and an Indonesian S420. The RG520 never gets played. The S is just a different beast. A wonderful, sexy beast.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've owned a bunch of RG models but only played around on a couple S series. Like both really. The features of that Iron Label S are really making me lean towards it, I just know more about the quality of the Prestige line, haven't heard much at all about the Iron Label yet so I'm really hoping I can hunt one down but seems most online sites are out of stock of both. Either way, chances of trying one are slim, got a couple guitar centers near but both gonna be about 45min to an hour away. May have to make some calls if I get the time to make a trip and maybe one of them will have one but doubt I'll get to try both. May have to make a leap of faith in the end.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I think you should go for the S. You say you like the ebony fretboard and mahogany body.

Both guitars are great no doubt, but I reckon you would be happier with the S and if you bought the RG you would always have in the back of your mind that maybe you should've gone for the S.

I was going to say the same as Offworld though. Just figure out if you prefer the feel of an RG or S and then go for it.

One reason I can see you going for the RG though is resale value as it is a prestige. But as you stated above you want to hang onto it for a long time.

Read some guitar specific reviews on them and then go for it. I think you would be happier with the S though. But I'd hate to make up your mind on something and then have you regret it so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Only reason I haven't already ordered the S is just really lack of info. Gonna make some calls and hope I can try one, I just know the Prestige line better, guess im going to have to go out and try to play some Iron Label's as Im just not finding enough info to suit me to make a blind purchase just yet.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent