patrick stump sings for a metal band now?
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
so far i'd say this first song had a beautiful intro. the riff for the verses if pretty cool, singing is fine, it's not a voice i was expecting for this music, but usually that works out in a bands favor. instrumental part Bridge is beautiful. Your clean guitar stuff is fantastic. Guitar solo is professional, not sloppy. Overall I don;t listen to much metal anymore but this pretty pro man. Production is pretty awesome. Ill give more feed back at the end of EP.
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
Guitar and bass sounds really sweet. Guitar work is spot on. You have some unique parts. I really liked the bass intro to the second song. I liked the guitar break up intro for effect on the theme of the third song. You do sound a lot like the singer from Fall Out Boy. That's probably a good thing, he did pretty well. I can't really complain about anything, all sounds good for what it is. Good job on the production, I think it brings out your style well.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32736911#post32736911
Very, very nice dude. I've not really listened to any full blown metal for a while but this EP has reminded me how good it can be. Honestly I'm stuck for criticisms - the production is fantastic, the clean and distorted tones are great all the way through, and the singer's voice is certainly unorthodox for this kind of music but really fits, I think. Favourite track is probably Moving Forward, as I like how it builds slowly throughout into the dynamic chorus from the clean verses. They're all great though, fantastic job!

Check out my stuff here, would mean a lot! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1644695
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Was expecting growling vocals on the first track, but it surprised me in a good way, the singer is talented, although I missed a little grit on the vocals, which would've been damn awesome. The instrumental quality is great too, sounds really clear-cut and it's well composed.

Overall I enjoyed your music a lot, I'll definitely stay tuned to more releases!

And thanks for the review too!
Amazing first EP. There were some really interesting riffs going on throughout the whole thing. It definitely can't be said that any of the songs were generic or bland. I really enjoyed the fact that the guitars moved around so much during parts that could have been very "chuggy". I feel like the vocals may have stuck out a bit, but there's definitely nothing wrong with that as the vocal performances were great. Streetlight was definitely my favorite song, and the riff that starts at 1:40 was pretty damn awesome.

I'm going to give you guys a like on facebook and download the EP. Awesome stuff and I hope to hear more from you!
Is it just me or does the panning on this seem to be leaning to the right speaker? I'm listening on headphones atm and it is noticeably louder on the right side, are my headphones stuffed? haha

Apart from that good stuff man, everything sounds pretty well balanced, nice modern sounding mix

(C4C?) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1647931
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jun 23, 2014,
He.

First thing I notice is a great guitar tone. Over the past few years I'v often been dissapointed by guitar tones in this style, but you have it down nicely to my taste.

I like how you mix up the two styles of vocals. It gives great dynamics and feel.

Over all I'd say you guys have energy, great sense of melody and can write some really catchy stuff.

I really cant hear any flaws in this first track. you should be proud of yourselves.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1648005
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Is it just me or does the panning on this seem to be leaning to the right speaker? I'm listening on headphones atm and it is noticeably louder on the right side, are my headphones stuffed? haha

Apart from that good stuff man, everything sounds pretty well balanced, nice modern sounding mix

Now you mention it I agree.
Hey, thanks for the great feedback. It really means a lot.

As for the panning issue, I wouldn't know anything about that unfortunately. It sounds fine to my ears.

I know the files on the bandcamp page are automatically reduced to a lower quality, so maybe that could be the problem? All I can think to suggest is that if it's really bothersome, try downloading the EP (or the song it's most noticeable on) and listening to it separate from bandcamp. Or you can try listening to a stream on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB_GthZF4iA

Otherwise, I must just be too close to the content itself to notice it.

Either way, I apologize for that. Though I'm glad you guys still enjoy it!
my two cents: Riffing is great, more than great actually. Vocals are okay, but I can't get over the way the lyrics flow. The choice of words and how you put them together just feels really unprofessional to me, which is a shame as everything else is spot on.
Quote by Sanati22
my two cents: Riffing is great, more than great actually. Vocals are okay, but I can't get over the way the lyrics flow. The choice of words and how you put them together just feels really unprofessional to me, which is a shame as everything else is spot on.

I can understand why you'd feel that way. Looking back, we definitely could have spent more time with the lyrics/lyrical delivery. If I remember correctly, some parts were rushed more than others. Fortunately, with our newer material we're making a conscious effort to improve all aspects of our music; especially the lyrics. Thanks for the comment.