i know they blow headphones, but what if i turned the volume mostly all off the way down? then could i do it through the effects loop?
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
No, unless there is an actual headphone jack on the amp or you get a attenuator with a headphone out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
No. Get a cheap mfx or something.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
If your amp has a line out, record out, di out, headphone out... they would be the safest ways.

Speaker out... no. never.

effects loop... yes.. IF you hooked something up like a pod with a headphone out jack in the fx loop and kept the normal speaker plugged in.

What you are asking though no.
its tube
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
It may work through the FX loop, and it will not kill your amp to try. But if it does work, it will sound like shit because there is nopower amp interaction or a speaker cab. Preamps sound really thin and harsh with out a speaker cab or a cab VST.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the concern i have for your health outweighs the pleasure i would get from telling you to plug it into your speaker out.

no. it's a tube amp without an emulated output. you're not going to plug headphones into it and get anywhere close to even marshall mg tone. deal with it.
Plugging headphones into the fx loop would result in a plain bad sound, because of impedance mismatch and because of the sound not passing through a cab.

Don't do that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.