Im about to build a electric guitar, and im wondering what wood I should use. I want to use something exotic, so not really average woods like swamp ash, mahogany. Any suggestions?
This thread should've been posted in the Gear Building & Customizing subforum.

*Reported for move*
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by sanjeeb12
Im about to build a electric guitar, and im wondering what wood I should use. I want to use something exotic, so not really average woods like swamp ash, mahogany. Any suggestions?

Never mind wood. Build your guitar out of METAL!!! \m/
How do you want it to sound, and what kind of woodworking experience do you have? There's nothing average about swamp ash or mahogany. Also, some of the real exotics can be a nightmare to work with.
If you want a warmer sounding guitar, some of the woods you could use would be Koa, Korina, Makore, or Rosewood.

For a brighter sounding guitar you could try Maple, Zebrawood, Bubinga, Walnut, or Myrtlewood.

If you want something more balanced, like Alder, you could use Wenge, Poplar, or Lacewood.

Hopefully I've given you some decent suggestions here. Good luck with your building!
Pick something non exotic for your first build, as already mentioned most exotics are harder to work with and they are also expensive, neither of these are good things for a beginner! Start off with a one piece body and learn the basics before moving onto exotics and laminates.