Page 1 of 2
it's day 3 into withdrawal and because of something called REM rebound i am having horrifying nightmares whenever i start to fall asleep (only assisted by antihistamines) and extremely lucid dreams in a half asleep state that slowly transition into fully awake hallucinations.

do you guys still have nightmares like when you were kids? has the content changed?
i don't know why i feel so dry
I used to dreams and have nightmares and such years ago but now I don't anymore. Either stopped or I don't remember when I wake up.
what kind of withdrawel?
drugs?
or meds?

but yeah.. they're pretty much both hell
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
♫ LAST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE I WISH I WOULD'VE KNOWN CUZ ID HAVE KISSED MY MOMA GOODB- oh sorry.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I have nightmares a couple times a week, gets worse when I get less busy with life or if I don't have my stuffed animals with me. They're scary but at least they aren't real
cat
Quote by Victorgeiger
Just curious but why did you guys quit smoking weed?

well i didn't quit forever, just taking a break.

but the majority of dreams that I've remembered in the past year or so have been nightmarish in some way. Like the most recent one I remember in detail, I was trying to keep this guy from stabbing me in the throat, and I was trying to push his arms back but he slowly overpowered me and stuck a 6 inch blade right through my throat. It hurt like a bitch but I grabbed the handle of the knife and pulled it out, and I couldn't talk or breathe unless I covered the stab wound, which was leaking sticky water instead of blood.
I can't think of the last dream that I had that I remembered.

My life is hard but not as hard as eastwinn's
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I don't always have dreams, but when I do they seem to be more surreal than they used to be.
Quote by Malchius
I don't always have dreams, but when I do they seem to be more surreal than they used to be.
I was hoping you were setting us up for a witty dos equis line. You failed.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I don't ever have nightmares in the sense that I wake up screaming or terrified or anything. I just sometimes have really, really strange dreams that make me feel really uncomfortable for the first few hours of the day.
I had terrible nightmares as a child and was scared to go to sleep. I don't dream very often even without smoking w33d for a while, and it's usually just normal boring "this is what I was thinking about today and now I'm dreaming it in a weird way" stuff
had a recent dream where some guy poured gasoline all over me cause he wanted to burn me alive
A few years ago I kept having nightmares every night. Some of them horrifyingly realistic. It sucked, I couldn't sleep normal for months. I still get the chills just thinking about a few of the nightmares from then.
I'm always having dreams about people/things chasing me or trying to kill me. But I have pretty bad paranoia so that's where it comes from. It's whatever though, I just don't like waking up to my heart going 200bpm.

Worst one was when I was about 13 years old. I "woke up" in my dream and it felt 100% real. My room was exactly the same. The only thing is that there was this kind of cloudyness border around my FOV. So yeah I'm having thoughts in my dream, which has not happened since. Like my mindset if the same as if I was awake, it was the most lucid kind of dream. I heard a noise, went to look out the window. There was a firetruck, and like a ufo crashing into in. I tried to scream, but like in most dreams like this when I try to nothing comes out, 'm sure others have had this happen. So I'm looking out the window trying to scream to my parents, but something came up behind me and tossed me out my window(second floor). Woke up the second I hit the ground.

I've also been shot in the shoulder with a shotgun. And though I've never been shot. In my dream I felt the pain, and I'm certain it felt exactly how it would in real life. I even woke up with a sore shoulder for the entire day, and didn't even wake up sleeping on it wrong.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jun 17, 2014,
i don't really get nightmares. probably had at most a maybe 2 or 3 in my whole life.

at worst I get weird 'wtf' surrealist horror type dreams that I find more amusing than terrifying.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I generally don't remember any dreams, but recently I've been having a glass of apple juice before bed, and I'm definitely having a lot more dreams which I remember. Nothing exceptionally vivid, but it's notably different than before.

You can Google it. It sounds silly but it ended up working for me. It's neat.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I'm surprised to see so many people not having/remembering dreams. I'v been having a lot of cool dreams the past few years, I'v had a lot that become lucid too. But that's probably because of the melatonin I'v been taking.
i only seem to have vivid dreams when i'm incredibly tired. can't remember the last time i had a full-on nightmare - i credit that to my abstinence from horror movies.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Eastwinn
it's day 3 into withdrawal and because of something called REM rebound i am having horrifying nightmares whenever i start to fall asleep (only assisted by antihistamines) and extremely lucid dreams in a half asleep state that slowly transition into fully awake hallucinations.

do you guys still have nightmares like when you were kids? has the content changed?

hmm, that's interesting, i knew about rem rebound but never thought about the impact that'd have on dreams. more time in rem = more in depth, memorable and realistic dreams?

i guess i don't really have nightmares nowadays, at least not like i was little or ones that i can remember. normally my dreams are just a slightly weirder version of reality now.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I still have dreams, but not nightmares

because I hardened the **** up

Harden the **** up m8
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Victorgeiger
Just curious but why did you guys quit smoking weed?

They are pussy ass niggas

On topic: I usually don't have dreams because but when I don't they are usually really vivid and cool
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 17, 2014,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
hmm, that's interesting, i knew about rem rebound but never thought about the impact that'd have on dreams. more time in rem = more in depth, memorable and realistic dreams?

i guess i don't really have nightmares nowadays, at least not like i was little or ones that i can remember. normally my dreams are just a slightly weirder version of reality now.

i think REM happens more often during rebound making you more likely to wake up during it and remember the nightmares however are just a side effect of the withdrawal.
Quote by Eastwinn
i think REM happens more often during rebound making you more likely to wake up during it and remember the nightmares however are just a side effect of the withdrawal.

yeah that makes sense too, waking up in rem will do that

how ya doin' today though? is it getting worse or better?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
after i made this thread this morning i had a terrible fit and it really went downhill. i kept getting random burning sensations inside my body and i wanted to scream but my jaw was like nope. i may have fallen asleep somewhere but i honestly don't remember. right now i'm fairly exhausted and feel okay. i'm gonna try to eat but i know that will ruin everything.
Quote by Eastwinn
after i made this thread this morning i had a terrible fit and it really went downhill. i kept getting random burning sensations inside my body and i wanted to scream but my jaw was like nope. i may have fallen asleep somewhere but i honestly don't remember. right now i'm fairly exhausted and feel okay. i'm gonna try to eat but i know that will ruin everything.

Keep going and yes eat since it sounded like you haven't been. Proud of you.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Dreadnought
Withdrawal from what?

benzos. the withdrawal can be worse than opiates

Edit: nevermind I am not very helpful
banned
Yeah, I've heard about those withdrawals from my wife (no she never went through it, just knows about it).

Best of luck, pal
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Keep going and yes eat since it sounded like you haven't been. Proud of you.

hey, i eat a lot of tums. those keep me going. there's a lil bit of sugar in there

thnx bob
thanks dread & your wife
so like vallium and xanax or something?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
so like vallium and xanax or something?

it started with ativan, then my doctor put me on klonipin so i wouldn't withdrawal during the day. it's been like that for years (? i don't remember exactly, typical of benzo addicts). it was just supposed to be a sort of 'methadone' to keep me going but because of school / various obligations i haven't had time to finally quit. i'm also perpetually scared but ya know who wouldn't be. proper withdrawal from benzos is supposed to take place on valium for up to a year and a half or two years. that's great, but i don't have time for that. so i dropped to half my usage 3 days ago. some research has told me that doing this on klonipin was an extremely bad idea but fuck it i already started. after this i'm gonna move down to 1/4 usage, then switch to valium i think so i can taper the last bits down real easy.

i realized i was doing this the shit way when i printed out a list of symptoms and started checking them off. the site was like "you'll probably experience 5 or 6 of these" hahahaha nope. whatever, i never finish what i start but if i should ever finish anything i start it should be quitting drugs.
Quote by Eastwinn

My sister is going through the same type of withdrawl and man it ****ing sucks. Hang in there man
Quote by Eastwinn

whatever, i never finish what i start but if i should ever finish anything i start it should be quitting drugs.

Hearrrd that.

If the "harder" way is still possible (ie won't kill you or leave permanent damage) and faster than the "easier" way, then crush it dude.

I'll take quick, worse pain than longer, easier pain any day of da week
My God, it's full of stars!
That's what happens when you do drugs. Shoulda been strictly a dealer instead. Make all da money and no withdrawals.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
since a lot you following my slow decline to pure diarrhea use drugs on occasion and may have used benzodiazepines before and found them quite nice, let me give you that check list of what i'm experiencing as a brief warning.

PSYCHOLOGICAL SYMPTOMS
Excitability (jumpiness, restlessness) - a tad
Insomnia, nightmares, other sleep disturbances - a lot
Increased anxiety, panic attacks - a lot
Agoraphobia, social phobia - yes ma'am
Perceptual distortions - yes and it's disgusting
Depersonalisation, derealisation - yes, yes
Hallucinations, misperceptions - yes, yes
Depression - very yes
Obsessions - very yes
Paranoid thoughts - no
Rage, aggression, irritability - a tad
Poor memory and concentration - very yes
Intrusive memories - mhm
Craving (rare) - very yes

PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS
Headache - yes yes yes yes
Pain/stiffness - (limbs, back, neck, teeth, jaw) - yes, mostly jaw and limbs
Tingling, numbness, altered sensation - (limbs, face, trunk) - yes, legs mostly
Weakness ("jelly-legs") - they might as well be jam
Fatigue, influenza-like symptoms - yes
Muscle twitches, jerks, tics, "electric shocks" - yes yes yes yes
Tremor - yes but i have that from another medication anyway so ???
Dizziness, light-headedness, poor balance - yes, may be due to other drugs
Blurred/double vision, sore or dry eyes - nope, thankfully
Tinnitus - nope
Hypersensitivity - (light, sound, touch, taste, smell) - yes, light and sound mostly
Gastrointestinal symptoms - (nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea,
constipation, pain, distension, difficulty swallowing) - yes, taking antiemetics, yes, strangely yes, yeeeeees, no, yeeeees
Appetite/weight change - yes
Dry mouth, metallic taste, unusual smell - oh yeah
Flushing/sweating/palpitations - mhm
Overbreathing - no don't think so
Urinary difficulties/menstrual difficulties - i'm not menstruating no
Skin rashes, itching - no, yes
Fits (rare) - not proper seizures, no.

stay in school, don't do drugs
Page 1 of 2