Right guys heres the deal,

I am joining a alterbrige/credd style band and im building a new backup rig for it.

I have bought the EHX magnum 44 to use as a poweramp into my cab, and have delay and chrous pedals on order but I just dont know what type of pre amp pedal to get.

I say pre amp pedal as this whole rig needs to fit on my pedaltrain mini as it needs to be very portable as this is not my main band. I have looked at the AMT E2 as a possible choice but thats really the only only in that range I like the sound of (from videos)

are there any other pedals I should look at that have good gain for this sort of stuff,
Budget is around £100

check signiture for guitars used.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
How about the ISP Theta - tremendous flexibility, clearly you'll need a wah so you might as well get Tremonti's wah from Morley as well. I'm sure if you look Tremonti up there are rig reviews on him so that you can cop a lot of his pedals.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
ive owned his wah wasnt a fan, Im not going for his sound just thats the style the band will be, ill have a look at that pedal
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

if there are any distortion pedals/ overdrive pedals i should look at please advise
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Didn't Tremonti use Recto's? What about the AMT R1/R2 which is a dual rectifier preamp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ive heard videos of the AMT R2 and wasnt a fan and tbh not a fan of rectos anyway, im not trying to sound like him just thats the style of music ill be playing, son dont need in your face high gain just some good quality gain sound that isnt my 6505
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Yeah try the AMT legend amp series. I'd suggest trying to find a few of them to play around with at a music store, youtube clips aren't worth sh*t if you ask me(I haven't looked at those but they probably used the cab sim into a DAW instead of playing it through a cab and miking it). I don't own one, but a music store close to me has the whole range in stock and I've played on most of them, I can vouch for their quality.

Obviously not as good as the tube preamps in the amps they're imitating, but it comes very close, considering the tiny size and the price. If it's not your main band and you want portability, I'm pretty sure you'll find that one of them suits your needs.
Your pedals are acting as preamps already, you want something copied from a guitar preamp.

Have you ever heard of the DR. Boogie?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Your pedals are acting as preamps already, you want something copied from a guitar preamp.

Have you ever heard of the DR. Boogie?

thats what i would be doing in his situation. pending his budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You could check out the MXR Echoplex pre amp....

Also you definitely want the T-Rex Tremonti Phase...I have one, and it is killer...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
I know you have a limited budget but you NEED to check out the JHS Colour Box! It is without a doubt the BEST pre amp pedal that gives you direct into the board sounds! Plus it has a Dmx out which means you leave it at the end of your signal path and go right into the front of house sound board!
Quote by Kicksta711
It is without a doubt the BEST pre amp pedal that gives you direct into the board sounds!
Come on, that's what would have happened if behringer copied a 1073.
It's a nice idea and stuff, but it does a mediocre job at reproducing what it's said to be reproducing and it wouldn't give him the sounds he's looking for.

You can also go directly to the console but it would more or less be like not having anything in between the guitar and the console - it would sound funny clean (I even like it, most people don't) and plain bad distorted.

It's the right thing to get if you wanna go around and said you have a neve pre in your guitar pedalboard, but that doesn't come close to sounding like a neve pre.

Also that output is a standard analog 3 pin XLR connector, it has nothing to do with DMX.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jun 18, 2014,
what ever I get will be run into the EHX magnum 44 which is is a pedal sized power amp then thats going straight into my cab, will not be going into a console.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal