Not really though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-achieve-quantum-teleportation-breakthrough-that-could-prove-einstein-wrong-9462053.html

Scientists in the Netherlands have achieved a breakthrough in quantum teleportation that could quash Albert Einstein’s objection to the notion of quantum entanglement, which he famously labelled “spooky action at a distance”.

Publishing their results in the journal Science this Thursday, physicists at the Kavli Institute of Nanoscience at Delft University say they managed to reliably teleport quantum information between two bits of diamond located three metres apart.

Although this is not the same process as teleportation as imagined in science fiction, one of the lead authors of the paper Professor Ronald Hanson, said that it was possible that Star Trek-style “beaming up” would become a reality in the future.

“What we are teleporting is the state of a particle,'' said Professor Hanson. ''If you believe we are nothing more than a collection of atoms strung together in a particular way, then in principle it should be possible to teleport ourselves from one place to another.”

“In practice it's extremely unlikely, but to say it can never work is very dangerous," Professor Hanson added. "I would not rule it out because there's no fundamental law of physics preventing it. If it ever does happen it will be far in the future.”

So although human teleportation is extremely unlikely, we're just gonna go ahead and make this the focal selling point for the article.

Anyway, someone please explain quantum whatchamacallit for me as if I don't know what a particle is. I'm sure this is some sort of achievement and I don't want to be left out in the killer celebrations
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 17, 2014,
Is there a fundamental law of physics preventing it? IS THERE A FUNDAMENTAL LAW OF ****ING PHYSICS PREVENTING IT?
It can't happen because the law of GOD prevents it. Physics is just a theory anyway.

#faith2014 #putChristbackinChristmas #getphysicsoutofourschools
Oh look a thread where a bunch of 1st year college/uni students will pretend they understand all that mumbo-jumbo.
Sorry ali you still can't teleport yourself to a decent country.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
BREAKING NEWS!!!
EINSTEIN WAS WRONG!!!!!

not really though, we're just misinterpreting everything he said cause we don't understand it and it sounds cool to claim that he was wrong.

#dailyarticleonalessthanrespectablenewswebsite
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
cool
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Skinny Pete: "What do you think all those sparkles and shit are? Transporters are breaking you apart right down to your molecules and bones. They're makin' a copy. That dude who comes out on the other side? He's not you: he's a color Xerox."

Badger: "So you're telling me every time Kirk went into the transport he was killing himself? So over the whole series, there was, like, 147 Kirks?"

Skinny Pete:
"At least, Dude! Why do you think McCoy never liked to beam nowhere? 'Cause he's a doctor, bitch! Look it up, it's science!"

Skinny P has spoken. This discussion is over.
Editorial title.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].