I need a new amp for practice and jamming, preferably something within the $300-$500 range. I play metal, mostly the black and the death. Good distortion channel is a must. Built in reverb would be nice. And I'm playing with an Epiphone Les Paul, if that matters.

Suggestions?
FREE BIRD!!!
I think the Orange Crush c50 would be killer for you. Orange usually isn't a metal amp but the crush offers an AWESOME fat sound, the distortion channel is awesome, crunchy and defined, and a built in reverb. $500. My favorite Solid state amp I've ever bought!
A used 6505+ or 5150 II combo if you can find one.
Or a vypyr tube 60 if you can't.

I'd not get the crush, the good oranges can't do black nor death metal, they are more sludge-stoner-overly distorted-bit old sounding-warm (muddy) stuff oriented.
And among all oranges, the crush is a mediocre sounding transistor amp trying to imitate a rockerverb with mediocre results.

It's also overpriced for ****'s sake, my tube half stack cost less than that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
A used 6505+ or 5150 II combo if you can find one.
Or a vypyr tube 60 if you can't.

I'd not get the crush, the good oranges can't do black nor death metal, they are more sludge-stoner-overly distorted-bit old sounding-warm (muddy) stuff oriented.
And among all oranges, the crush is a mediocre sounding transistor amp trying to imitate a rockerverb with mediocre results.

It's also overpriced for ****'s sake, my tube half stack cost less than that.

This. All of this.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan