Page 1 of 2
So earlier today my mom got mad for no apparent reason and says "Why does all your music sound the same!? You suck miserably. The chord changes arent even there and then some random solo? What? Seriously?" Yet all of my friends and the rest of my family says I'm really good and I understand music theory, have taken lessons, have proper equipment etc.
Maybe she is referring to the fact that I like to play rock music which uses distortion, or maybe she is just tone deaf. It's annoying cuz she is always like this no matter what, then she goes on and listens to pop and crappy rap.

How do I deal with this? She is insane.

Btw, music I play includes the likes of:
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Rise Against
-The Eagles
-Jimi Hendrix
-Cage The Elephant
-Radiohead
-Weezer
-A lot of classic rock
Listen to music that doesn't have chord changes, ie, dubstep. Then there's nothing to complain about
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by SPAZ64
So earlier today my mom got mad for no apparent reason and says "Why does all your music sound the same!? You suck miserably.
lol
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
She's your mom.

She doesn't need to like your music. It's probably best that she doens't.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You don't understand music theory and that list is more or less homogenous in the grand scheme of things.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You should sell your guitar, get scumbag tattoos and a laptop like a real musician.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Oh boy.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

@losing battle: Ha. I like that idea, but I think I'm fine with where I'm at.
mom and dad just don't understand
I got locked out of my tumblr account
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Lol @ your mom knowing about chord changes and solos. Your mom is probably your best critic man.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
@Nelshizzle: She bragged about taking piano lessons for seven years and can't even play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She also thinks eveything is a chord--a note to her=chord, a chord to her=too many notes, a string=chord.

@RylanThePotato: My dad understands--he also plays guitar, and actually gets it. Also that tumblr thing, such a shame xD
@Weaponized: O_o Umm, what? I would say explain, but please dont.
Were you like "no mom I'm fine. I just want a Pepsi!"
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
why are you in a relationship with a girl who doesn't appreciate you?
just hit it and quit it bro
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
lol then critic her music. Be all like "yo momma so bad at piano, dat she can't even Chopin."
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by snipelfritz
Were you like "no mom I'm fine. I just want a Pepsi!"
I love you even more for making that reference.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
@sniplefritz: YES! ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI!!! That song is amazing. Just staring at the wall....
@angusfan16: Or maybe, just maybe, its a good sign that the overall master plan is working. Yes....yes....(evil laugh ensues)
she sounds like a narcissist.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
she sounds like a narcissist.

Yup. Explains a lot now that I think about it.
Quote by SPAZ64
So earlier today my mom got mad for no apparent reason and says "Why does all your music sound the same!? You suck miserably.

This is great.
Quote by SPAZ64
Btw, music I play includes the likes of:
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Rise Against
-The Eagles
-Jimi Hendrix
-Cage The Elephant
-Radiohead
-Weezer
-A lot of classic rock

here's your first problem
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by SPAZ64
Yup. Explains a lot now that I think about it.

a good community that help and inform people dealing with these issues http://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
"All I wanted was a ****in' Pepsi", - Correct lyrics by Sage the man Francis. Get it right foo!

Also be glad your parents don't like your music, it makes you doubt if you like it anymore.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon

Also be glad your parents don't like your music, it makes you doubt if you like it anymore.

Haha so this means that my dad liking the music I like is bad?
Hmmm....this thing called wubs....what do they do? Are they edible?
Quote by Wiegenlied
this thread is now about phil kessel

Quote by eGraham
Call child protection services on yourself, because you're in the position of caring for a child and you're asking a music forum how to console it.
How to deal with it? You just ignore her and keep playing whatever you like. Imagine if your mom loved your music, you'd never hear the end of it and she'd be going around to everyone she meets bragging about how great of a guitarist/musician her son is and you can guess all the amazing situations that would lead to
Buy a proper Marshall half stack, at least 50 watts. If you can't shred, learn how. You might need an Ibanez, or I might recommend PRS. What you do then, see, is SHRED THE ****ING HOUSE DOWN!! Might want to fill your ears with cotton wool for safety. Let her hear every note of your music in glorious, ear bursting detail. Will it turn her around? Maybe. Propably not. But sweet jesus, it will be awesome.
Quote by SPAZ64
"You suck miserably."

lmao, mother of the year.

Anyway, ignore her and keep playing whatever the **** you want. Or tell her to get over herself, if you don't mind spending a couple of days in the hospital.
what you need, ts, is a new amp.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

What kind of music does She like?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Page 1 of 2