Hello,

I am looking into buying a Fender American Deluxe Telecaster Thinline by the end of

the summer and I've noticed that the reviews for this guitar are scarce. I have heard

some demonstrations on Youtube and the guitar sounds and looks great, but a lot of the

demos involve people playing them with heavy distortion and I'm wondering if it's a

good choice for a lead guitar that can produce warm, clear sounds, also. Does anyone

own one who likes theirs?

Thanks in advance.
Fender's American Deluxe series is their top of the line; save for their Custom Shop models (and even then, the AD series sometimes crushes the Custom Shop offerings). The AD Thinline Telecaster is a semi-hollow guitar, which is almost sacrilegious to some Telecaster purists. It is a fine guitar that should cover your needs quite well.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's expensive, not a lot of folks own them, which is why reviews are scarce. They're fantastic. Make sure to play before you buy.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I spent quite a bit with one at an instrument shop and I loved it.

I only tried playing clean and slightly overdriven (so I don't know how well it can handle heavy distortion), and it definitely sounds great with low gain.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I got the idea to buy a thinline tele from playing a classic player's '72 reissue at guitar center,

so I'm hoping this will play even smoother.
Yeah, I watched that video and also I saw him review the Select version of the thinline tele, and

even though the Select is more expensive, Mark Lucas seemed to like playing the AD version

more.