Hey guys, need some help. I've been using the TC electronics Ditto looper and it's working great, but I need a pedal that will allow me to do the following:

1. Allow me to hit the pedal to start recording, then play guitar, then hit the pedal when I'm done, and the guitar part starts playing on repeat
2. Then, 1 or 2 cycles through the guitar part, the 2nd phrase or loop automatically starts recording and I play bass. And once the cycle is done, it automatically stops recording without me having to hit any pedal.
3. Then 1 or 2 cycles later, the next phrase automatically starts recording so I can play another instrument, etc.

So this way, everything is synced up automatically. I only have to hit the pedal to record the first loop, which is the guitar, then all the other loops automatically start recording 1-by-1 after a preset number of cycles of the guitar, so I have time to pickup the other instrument, etc.

And the other thing I want to be able to do is to have multiple outputs, so that I can feed the guitar loop into guitar amp, bass into bass amp, etc.

Can anyone recommend me a loop pedal that can do all of this? I've seen RC-50, and electro-harmonix 45000, but I'm not sure if they can do exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!
I don't really know any pedal that can do that, nor I think there is one.

IMO, to do that you need a computer.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
But I feel like I've seen some people on youtube who appear to have this going. Either that, or they're just really good at using the pedals. But surely there must be some kind of sync feature if I get a pedal with multiple loops?

I've heard terms like quantization and loop-to-loop queuing used, but I can't seem to understand how exactly they function from the literature on the internet.
Not sure there are pedals that can do all that. There is some pretty impressive MIDI software I've seen that will let you put together some pretty tight loops, but not stand-alone hardware. I've seen a number that will allow you to "layer" over your initial loop, but it still requires you to hit the pedal(s) to record/stop.

If there are, then yay...that'd be something I'd be interested in.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Quote by nb123
But surely there must be some kind of sync feature if I get a pedal with multiple loops?
Every looper I know of does that on the other hand.
The ditto does that, the jam man express xt does that...
Quote by nb123
I've heard terms like quantization and loop-to-loop queuing used, but I can't seem to understand how exactly they function from the literature on the internet.
Quote by wikipedia
Quantization is the procedure of constraining something from a continuous set of values (such as the real numbers) to a relatively small discrete set
That means if you have lots of notes that are not exactly on a beat, the quantization process will put them on the exact beats.
Say you can quantize stuff in 16ths of a measure - if you play something that's a 50th of a second after each 16th of the measure, the stuff will end up on the 16th that are slightly before the moment in which you played the note.
That may also happen tonally instead of rhythmically, and that would be called autotune.
These are things loopers usually don't do AFAIK, but I might as well be pretty wrong here.

Loop to loop queuing I think basically means each loop starts or ends where another one starts or ends.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by nb123
But I feel like I've seen some people on youtube who appear to have this going. Either that, or they're just really good at using the pedals. But surely there must be some kind of sync feature if I get a pedal with multiple loops?

Quantization is only for the first loop. And it's only useful if you have a tap tempo or audible beat in the looper. After that you just hit the pedal again for overdubs. No need to quantize or even be precise for overdubs. Multiple synchronized loops are another thing. You need a more expensive looper for that. And it's not automatic as you describe. You don't need that if you aren't turning loops on and off.