I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Special II and a couple hundred bucks. I'm thinking of bringing it to my local music shop along with a Seymour Duncan neck humbucker and bridge P-90, and getting it all set up and modified.
I've got a Crate practice amp with a ton of gain that I like to crank, and I'm saving for a Marshall cab/Orange head combo this summer.
I'm hoping the guitar will be able to achieve a range of sounds with this setup from Slash-tones to Billie Joe Armstrong-drive?
Thoughts, UG'ers?
I'm new here. Hurt me plenty.

Guitars: Epiphone Wilshire Phant-O-Matic, Fender Strat
Amps: Vox AC15
Upgrade the amp before you start thinking about pickups. No sense making small tweaks before a large change. I'd also say it's probably not worth upgrading that guitar. I'd suggest selling your collection of low-end guitars and amps and getting one nice guitar and one nice amp with the budget you've got.
Quote by Roc8995
Upgrade the amp before you start thinking about pickups. No sense making small tweaks before a large change. I'd also say it's probably not worth upgrading that guitar. I'd suggest selling your collection of low-end guitars and amps and getting one nice guitar and one nice amp with the budget you've got.

^^ This. One good quality guitar and the right amp for your sound and you are golden. Everything else is just re-aranging deck chairs...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I can't really sell either of my Epi electrics, nor my Crate amp.
I'll probably have around 500 to spend after this summer, and I thought I could split it between a nice amp and some mods to my guitar.
I'm new here. Hurt me plenty.

Guitars: Epiphone Wilshire Phant-O-Matic, Fender Strat
Amps: Vox AC15