Page 1 of 8
apparently the washington redskins trademark was denied or something today. it's not going to change anything, but it brings up a debate and now i'm curious if anyone in here is dense enough to think that it's not a racist name or somehow not offensive, and believes that the name should stay.

is it racist?

alternative emo title:
boys kissing booooyyyyysyssssssssss
Quote by guitarxo
Are they gonna change it or anything

no because this is america and we are free to be offensive butts
banned
It doesn't offend me, only in the sense that I'm offended for other people I guess. It's still racist as fuck though.

You're right though, the fact that their trademark was canceled means nothing. They can still use the name/logo and sue anyone else who does. Plus it will likely be overturned in a few years when it winds its way through the courts.
Quote by ehbacon
Yes.

In my opinion the Cleveland Indians logo is even worse.

^^
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
They've largely phased out Chief Wahoo though. They mostly go with the big C now.

i think wahoo is still on the sides of the arms
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
They've largely phased out Chief Wahoo though. They mostly go with the big C now.

its still offensive tho
banned
Yeah, it's pretty damn awful. The NFL should force the team ownership to change the name, as MLB should with the Indians.

Like, we'd never allow a team called the Alabama Coons with a blackface caricature. I guess whites just repressed native americans more successfully so we don't have to worry about them now.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

However appropriate for the city, the Cleavland Cancers just doesn't seem to big sticking with fans.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by TheChaz
guess whites just repressed native americans more successfully so we don't have to worry about them now.

genocide is a pretty good way to take out opposition
Quote by TheChaz
Yeah, it's pretty damn awful. The NFL should force the team ownership to change the name, as MLB should with the Indians.

The trouble is that the league answers to the owners, not the other way around. If the owner doesn't want to change the name, they don't have to. Pressure is going to have to come from players and more importantly sponsors. Like with the Donald Sterling stuff. Until money starts being risked by having the name, nothing will change.

Quote by snipelfritz
However appropriate for the city, the Cleavland Cancers just doesn't seem to big sticking with fans.

Nice.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Looks like someone was lurking in the chat thread.

i think it might have been blake1221
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
i think it might have been blake1221

I think you are right and his silence on the matter is proof enough for us to celebrate, if you wish.
It doesn't offend me or anything, but since there is a whole group of people who feel differently it should probably be changed cuz it's bad and stuffz

Also the redskins suck so lol@ them and RG3 and his pussy knees

#fukthecowboys
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 18, 2014,
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The trouble is that the league answers to the owners, not the other way around. If the owner doesn't want to change the name, they don't have to. Pressure is going to have to come from players and more importantly sponsors. Like with the Donald Sterling stuff. Until money starts being risked by having the name, nothing will change.

Nice.

Yeh, I have no idea how the politics of the league work, but I figured if the league has the ability to fine players and owners, it would have the power to force a team to change its name.

Anyway, the name should have been changed long ago, but by all indications the owner is a massive asshole who doesn't care who he offends.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I think you are right and his silence on the matter is proof enough for us to celebrate, if you wish.

banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 18, 2014,
Quote by WCPhils
It doesn't offend me or anything

even if you don't take it personally, do you agree that it is, by its own nature, offensive and racist?
If a suitable replacement can be found, I think it should be changed. That said, it boggles my mind that people get their panties in a twist over this, but nobody gives a crap about the Cleveland Indians logo:

How is this not as offensive?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by WCPhils
It doesn't offend me or anything, but since there is a whole group of people who feel differently it should probably be changed cuz it's bad and stuffz

Also the redskins suck so lol@ them and RG3 and his pussy knees

The team that really sucks is Alabama Crimson tide.
Quote by blake1221
even if you don't take it personally, do you agree that it is, by its own nature, offensive and racist?

yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Axelfox
The team that really sucks is Alabama Crimson tide.

They must kick your favorite team's ass a lot.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by necrosis1193
If a suitable replacement can be found, I think it should be changed. That said, it boggles my mind that people get their panties in a twist over this, but nobody gives a crap about the Cleveland Indians logo:

How is this not as offensive?

awesome job reading the thread
i don't know why i feel so dry
I heard a funny joke tonight...

Thank god Gatorade was made at the University of Florida and not Florida State. Because then we'd all be drinking Seminole Fluid.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Eastwinn

Eastwinn Please Be Polite And Respectful To The Other Users
Quote by snipelfritz
I heard a funny joke tonight...

i bet you made that joke
banned
Quote by Eastwinn

Reading is for squares. If I cared what other people had to say instead of just giving my two cents, I'd go read a book.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
The Celtics' leprechaun mascot is also offensive to short people.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.