Traveling a lot with new job. Looking for something small and portable. Thinking about the vox amplug. Not sure which one though. Also saw a couple of other 1-5 watt portable amps. Any recommendations? Still learning to play. Have a 2009 gibson studio.
A lil Danelectro Honeytone amp may work for you. They sound pretty ...gritty, but works well if you're into that. If you're using headphones I'd go with a mfx with amp modeling. Zoom G3 is at its best with headphones and has all kinds of very easy to use practice features and are the cheapest mfx worth buying imo.

Edit: there's an even cheaper zoom mfx called the "multi-stomp" I think that may work ok for you but I don't think it has a looper or drum guide or other good stuff on the G3.

Also, thats If you're on a strict budget. I'm simple minded and assume everyone is poor like me lol
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jun 19, 2014,
Pod
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Giants72
Traveling a lot with new job. Looking for something small and portable. Thinking about the vox amplug. Not sure which one though. Also saw a couple of other 1-5 watt portable amps. Any recommendations? Still learning to play. Have a 2009 gibson studio.

I don't think you'll find something better than the Yamaha THR series. They're pricey as well--maybe you should consider buying them as your main practice amp.

Have a look at the Roland Micro/Mobile cubes as well. Don't get the Marshall MS or Orange CR/Micro series or you'll regret it.
Quote by Cajundaddy
Pod

This, Id prefer a POD for being on the go because they have many different sounds/tones. I think they have one that's even battery powered but I could be wrong.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Amplugs are a toy. I use one at times but it's really just one step up from playing unplugged. It's a bit of fun but it really is a toy. I'd go for either a micro cube or a THR if I were you.
Well actually, I'd go for a Champ and I'd build it myself. But either of the first two would do the deed.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification