Hey guys at the moment I have a 15 watt line 6 spyder from line 6 and an ltd ec 50, I play things like Zeppelin and Van Halen, Im 14 and broke, but I can gather up about 800 selling crap I dont need on ebay, Tubes are a must, and at least 30 watts but no more than 100. So any suggestions for a new amp and guitar?
Why 30 watts? The Jet City 20 watter is plenty for gigging with the right cab. There's also a 50 watt version if you need more headroom (which you definitely will if you think you'll ever want cleans).

One of those, and possibly an Epiphone LP?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Go with the 50 watter then
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
No experience of them so can't say.

BTW - this should probably be in the GG&A forum, you'll get more answers there. Could be worth closing this thread & creating one over there (unless a Mod sees this and moves it for you)
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Amps to look into - Marshall DSL line, Traynor YCV, Fender Hot rod deluxe, ... these can all be had for about $400 used.

Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Standard or similar, Ibanez artcore AS73 or 93 or AM series,
There are alot of guitars that would work actually. I've been looking at Dean Zelinski's myself but don't have experience with them. They seem like a good deal.

I would get the amp you want first and see what's left for a guitar.
Last edited by adambauman31 at Jun 19, 2014,