I was browsing Ebay and came across this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster-w-Moulded-Hardcase-Crimson-Red-2000-/181436359579?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item2a3e73239b&_uhb=1#shpCntId

I have only been playing a couple of months and was planning to get a Strat sometime in the future once I get better, but this looks like it might be a good deal that I don't want to pass up. I know that new American Deluxes cost well above $2000 where I live but I don't know if they are comparable to this 2000 model.

I was hoping to get some opinions on the value for money and if there's anything else I should know about this guitar. I also understand that some people don't like the noiseless pickups in these but I could always swap those out later.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by McPhantasm at Jun 19, 2014,
I think that's a great buy. But yes, i'd swap the pickups if I were you.
inaccurate description that guitar doesn't have a Floyd Rose. the price now is good however that is an ongoing auction with bidders so the price can go higher. nice guitar
^ Yeah any time you see an auction if the price seems really good there's a fair chance it'll just get bid up before the auction ends.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Best thing to do is see how much it's going for at the end of the auction and if it's still a decent price then bang a bid in right at the last few seconds and hope for the best,You'll be lucky to get it as others may have the same idea.
Thanks for the input guys. If it isn't a floyd, is it the 2 point tremolo or the 6 point. I understand 2 point is better?

And yeah im very familiar with Ebay so I know how fast things can go up in price.

@EyeballPaul: That isn't very effective since Ebay added its 'max bid' feature where you can auto-bid up to a certain price every time you are outbid,
don't quote me on this but i think it has the locking fender-style 2-point trem. so it's technically locking but it's not a floyd-style one, either.

the deluxes don't normally come with 6-points, neither is really better, it just depends on what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by McPhantasm
Thanks for the input guys. If it isn't a floyd, is it the 2 point tremolo or the 6 point. I understand 2 point is better?

And yeah im very familiar with Ebay so I know how fast things can go up in price.

@EyeballPaul: That isn't very effective since Ebay added its 'max bid' feature where you can auto-bid up to a certain price every time you are outbid,

I did'nt know about that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't quote me on this but i think it has the locking fender-style 2-point trem. so it's technically locking but it's not a floyd-style one, either.

the deluxes don't normally come with 6-points, neither is really better, it just depends on what you want.

it's the standard 2 point bridge found on all the US strats (except vintage reissues and the recent lower end models) the nut is an LSR roller nut which isn't locking it just has little ball bearings that the strings pass over so (in theory) no catching on the nut. overall this system works pretty good and has decent tuning stability.
Quote by monwobobbo
it's the standard 2 point bridge found on all the US strats (except vintage reissues and the recent lower end models) the nut is an LSR roller nut which isn't locking it just has little ball bearings that the strings pass over so (in theory) no catching on the nut. overall this system works pretty good and has decent tuning stability.

It looks to me more like the locking one...

http://issuu.com/fender/docs/frontline_2006?e=1895196/3856715

Page 55 in that, look at the trem on the black one with gold scratchplate (it has a roller nut, too). Looks the same, to me. I'm no Fender expert, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Correct.

Quote by Dave_Mc

I'd definitely have an opinion on that.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?