I looked over the tutorials and what not but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm trying to design a custom guitar for myself but am not sure what all to consider.

tonewood (body and neck)
# of frets, scale length, radius, etc.
neck joint
body shape and thickness, density, etc.
pickups (type of coil, magnet, windings)
controls (layout, knobs, switches)
tuners (type and gear ratio)

anything else Im forgetting?
Bridge type, neck angle, nut (width, spacing), neck construction (profile, laminates?, headstock angle, scarf?).

One of the best things to do is to study a guitar that you currently have and then draw the entire plan on paper or CAD. You'd be surprised by how many little questions and measurements present themselves when you're trying to make it all fit. Doing that also gives you a solid plan to work from and measure everything to. It's easier to tackle that stuff on paper.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Bridge type, neck angle, nut (width, spacing), neck construction (profile, laminates?, headstock angle, scarf?).

One of the best things to do is to study a guitar that you currently have and then draw the entire plan on paper or CAD. You'd be surprised by how many little questions and measurements present themselves when you're trying to make it all fit. Doing that also gives you a solid plan to work from and measure everything to. It's easier to tackle that stuff on paper.

that's the stage Im at right now. I took my favorite guitar that I own, and then thought of what changes I would make. And yeah it aint much. a piezo, a lightly different control layout, a more comfortable neck, and the rest is mostly cosmetic.

Im just trying to make sure I don't leave anything out.
(if youre wondering my goal is a semi-hollow framus nashvile or musicman axis in hss and slightly different cutaways.