So I made a post about a Laney Vc30 having some problems with the low end which in conclusion is just simply that it isn't made for metalcore. Anyway I was playing it on a volume of two and wanted to add another pedal to the chain. So i turned down the amp volume all the way and put in the new pedal. But now I'm not getting any sound at all no matter what, pedals or not. It definitely isn't cables and the tubes are working fine. I'm hoping it's something like a speaker fuse because there is no sound no matter what I do. I have a celestion seventy 80 in it.
How do you know the tubes are working fine?
How do you know it isn't the cables?
Check if it's the guitar, maybe the jack... ?
Does the amp not do any sound whatsoever?
Like, turning up and down the volume, changing channels...
Yeah, check the fuses.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
How do you know the tubes are working fine?
How do you know it isn't the cables?
Check if it's the guitar, maybe the jack... ?
Does the amp not do any sound whatsoever?
Like, turning up and down the volume, changing channels...
Yeah, check the fuses.

I literally bought brand new cables yesterday and have tried cables which i know work with it. The tubes are on it could be them but it seems unlikely. I checked the fuse in the back and thats still good thats it. No sound at all none no matter what. Ive tried turning the volume up and down and channels. Its not the jack and the guitar works through other amps. I got it serviced lately too.
Do you get anything if you plug into the FX return?
Just because the heater lights up, that doesn't mean the tubes are ok btw.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Um...I thought you said the issue was there without the pedal? Does it work with just guitar and amp? With any sorta volumes dimed?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Guitarmaaaan666
. But now I'm not getting any sound at all no matter what, pedals or not.

Poltergeist hate musicians
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jun 21, 2014,
Silly question, but you made sure the volume (pre and post) are all turned up a little?

Just 2 weeks ago I spent like 15 min trying to figure out why the stereo to 2x mono cable that I have for switching amp channels with my looper wasn't working. Turned out my post gain volume was at zero, but because of the way I was looking at my knob, it appeared to be on 1

Lesson learned; Don't toke until fully setup

It that's not it, like Cath said, try the loop.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Jun 21, 2014,
thanks for all the replys but i still got nothing and have tried all the suggestions. It is nothing to do with the pedals because it doesnt work with just the guitar and the amp. I bought myself a new pedalboard by the way. I'm just gonna take into a shop because I got gigs coming up. My pocket is gonna be sooo dry.
If you got no sound at all going into the FX return (it will be very low but you should hear something), my money would be on the phase inverter. Could be power tubes too but it's a lot cheaper to try the phase inverter first. And if it turns out to be power tubes then you've lost nothing because you should have a spare 12AX7 anyway.
It'll cost you about $10 to test that. It'll cost you $50 just to get it onto a shop's workbench. Try it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sadly, I haven't got any sound back at all, even through the effects loop. I'm gonna take it into the local shi**y store tomorrow just because I need this amp. Without it I'm slightly put up with playing but, I guess it'll be worth be money. Any other ideas? I'll let you know how it went!
If no sound comes out at all when going into FX return then it will be either the phase inverter or the power tubes. You don't need a shop to fix that. Like I said, start by replacing the phase inverter. If that fails you need new power tubes.
Those need to be rebiased if you replace the power tubes IIRC so if the phase inverter isn't the problem you may want to get somebody else to do that for you - but any idiot can swap the phase inverter out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification