When you were younger , what did you want to be when you were older?

Page 1 of 2
Kind of depended on what day of the week it was. Or the time of day, even.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Astronaut vampire hunter who was also a cowboy that was a firefighter. Also I rode around on a Tiger.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Public masturbator
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by RylanThePotato
Public masturbator

And, having achieved your dream job, how does it feel?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by metacarpi
Astronaut vampire hunter who was also a cowboy that was a firefighter. Also I rode around on a Tiger.

This.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I wanted to own a bookstore. I'd buy a 2-storey house and paint it purple, then live on the 2nd floor and the bookstore would be on the first floor. I would have 4 adopted stray cats - white, tabby, marmalade, and black - and they would roam around the bookstore in the day. The carpet would have spaceships and planets and stuff on it like Borders did here before they closed down. The bookstore logo would have a tiger on it.

Still seems like a pretty amazing job to me
cat
I probably would have given you a different answer every hour or so, though palaeontologist was probably what I said the most because dinosaurs.

To be honest though, when I was young I always figured that I'd at least get to try everything. If I had to sum up what I was most looking forward to being in general, it would probably be an infinitely wealthy, immortal explorer who's also an inventor in his free time.
That's still what I'm hoping to be one day, actually.

Oh, and I want a castle on top of a hill somewhere, my own private forest, an immense library and a zoo.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jun 19, 2014,
Quote by ultimate-slash
I probably would have given you a different answer every hour or so, though palaeontologist was probably what I said the most because dinosaurs.

To be honest though, when I was young I always figured that I'd at least get to try everything. If I had to sum up what I was most looking forward to being in general, it would probably be an infinitely wealthy, immortal explorer who's also an inventor in his free time.
That's still what I'm hoping to be one day, actually.

TBH, dinosaurs would have put me off palaeontology. Since you'll only ever find fossils, it's basically geology.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
And, having achieved your dream job, how does it feel?

I couldn't afford to go to college for it
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by guitarxo
I wanted to own a bookstore. I'd buy a 2-storey house and paint it purple, then live on the 2nd floor and the bookstore would be on the first floor. I would have 4 adopted stray cats - white, tabby, marmalade, and black - and they would roam around the bookstore in the day. The carpet would have spaceships and planets and stuff on it like Borders did here before they closed down. The bookstore logo would have a tiger on it.

Still seems like a pretty amazing job to me

Agreed

When I was young, I always wanted to join the army....had to give that idea up though when I found out they don't allow diabetics in
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by hbk4894
for me either a shopkeeper or a wrestler

I read that as "shoekeeper" and began to imagine a strange world where shoes are constantly trying to escape and somebody has to rangle them like a shepherd or a cowboy when they're let out to graze.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by slapsymcdougal
TBH, dinosaurs would have put me off palaeontology. Since you'll only ever find fossils, it's basically geology.

Yes, that's true, but I didn't really think my career plan through that much to be honest. I've seriously looked into getting a degree in paleontology in university, but after some research I realised that I would probably end up really bored, unemployed or both.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by captainsnazz
When I was a little kid I wanted to be a scientist or Pokémon master
When I was a teenager I wanted to be some sort of music related thing (Jesus wept)

I am a scientist

Congratz on making dreams come true

When I was younger I wanted to fix computers.

I now fix networks, because that pays more. but I still really like to fiddle around with computers, although that's not really part of my job now.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I wanted to be an animal conservationist.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
When I was a kid all I wanted to do was be a Navy Pilot (dad was in the navy). I watched Top Gun probably 500 times and role played with joysticks with a buddy of mine as a copilot. I gave up that dream just to play a few years of college football which I now see was a terrible idea. My buddy is now a fighter pilot in the Navy living his dream. I got a few degrees and jump between finance and economics jobs every now and then. I'm in my late 20s and still can join and attempt the pilot course... just feel like I'm too old now to commit 6 or 7 years of my life with no guarantee of ever becoming a pilot.
Quote by cheesefries
When I was a kid all I wanted to do was be a Navy Pilot (dad was in the navy). I watched Top Gun probably 500 times and role played with joysticks with a buddy of mine as a copilot. I gave up that dream just to play a few years of college football which I now see was a terrible idea. My buddy is now a fighter pilot in the Navy living his dream. I got a few degrees and jump between finance and economics jobs every now and then. I'm in my late 20s and still can join and attempt the pilot course... just feel like I'm too old now to commit 6 or 7 years of my life with no guarantee of ever becoming a pilot.

What was the ''joystick'' ?
I wanted to be a veterinarian to help animals or the red Power Ranger.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by whoomit
The man who opened a bookstore here told us "Never open a book shop". He said he thought it would be great because he loves books, but it turns out it's incredibly boring.

Yeah that's what I've heard about bookstores too. Maybe if it was a specialized one like antiquarian or something it'd be more interesting, because I know a bookstore owner who has a store pretty much just like what I described earlier, and it's not a regular bookstore, and he loves what he does. He asked me if I wanted to work at his wife's bookstore which is a bigger, more commercial one, but it'd probably be just like any other retail job so I declined.

I also wanted to be a librarian though. I did get the chance to work at a library for 4 months a couple years ago and it was AMAZING

Quote by captainsnazz
When I was a little kid I wanted to be a scientist

Oh yeah this too except that was more because I liked going to the Science Center and I liked science class and I was happy that my dad was a scientist because everyone always said "WOW COOL" when I told them that. I definitely do not want to be a scientist now
cat
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
A horse.

I remember you. You were by far the funniest UGer when I first registered.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Paleontologist like Dr. Grant in Jurrassic Park

I was obsessed with dinosaurs and prehistoric life. I had (and still own) many books on archaeology and paleolithic times.

I still have time to achieve this dream, but the job opportunities are shit and there isn't too much demand for them.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by cheesefries
a joystick is a joystick bro

That joystick is named the 'Thrustmaster'.
professional baseball player

professional basketball player

racecar driver

to be good enough at skateboarding to be in a tony hawk game

veterinarian

paleontologist when I was 9 and watched Jurassic Park at least 100 times

doctor

lottery winner
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I wanted to be a cop. But then I saw that cops are generally assholes.
When I was 4 I wanted to be a dinosaur. When I was 7 I wanted to be a Power Ranger. When I was 12 I wanted to be a rock star. Then I took chemistry when I was 14 and wanted to be a chemist.

I am now a chemist.

I wish I had never given up on my dream of being a dinosaur though
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
I had a lot of different 'aspirations' but the most consistent one was to be a video game developer. When I became an edgy teenager that turned into musician.
Quote by CaptainCanti
artist

Same here. What a dumb dream, I could never draw to save my life.
Quote by k.lainad
Paleontologist like Dr. Grant in Jurrassic Park

I was obsessed with dinosaurs and prehistoric life. I had (and still own) many books on archaeology and paleolithic times.

I still have time to achieve this dream, but the job opportunities are shit and there isn't too much demand for them.

This.

Or the greatest rapper ever.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
i always wanted to be a doctor but that's far out of my reach
i don't know why i feel so dry
Page 1 of 2