Hey, I have just recorded a cover of The count of Tuscany intro solo.

EDIT, this is the new version with some delay and the guitar track louder!
Version 1:
https://soundcloud.com/ludovico-cuoghi/the-count-of-tuscany-intro-solo-cover

Version 2:
https://soundcloud.com/ludovico-cuoghi/the-count-of-tuscany-intro-solo-cover-bias-desktop

Tell me your thoughts!! I used my Schecter Synyster Custom and Overloud TH2
Last edited by Ludo950 at Jul 5, 2014,
Sounds great man. Your tone is like 98% identical to Trooch's, how you managed that with a Gates custom i have no idea...it just needs to be louder so i can hear it better over the backing.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thanks dude for the advices! I also modified a little bit the Graphic EQ at the end of the chain effect to scoop the mids and stuff like that to get the tone!
I have to admit that has been hard to figure out the tone of this song: it has lots of treble and Petrucci usually uses a less treble sound, like in Illumination Theory which I am studying, only the ending solo though.
Last edited by Ludo950 at Jun 21, 2014,
That was great man! Dream Theater is my favorite group, and you did that solo justice!
Though I do agree to get the solo track a bit higher in the mix. But overall, better than anything I could have done!
Hope to see Illumination soon!

C4C

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1647797

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Last edited by maximumrocker at Jun 21, 2014,
^^ much better
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thanks so much for the advices, they help a lot!
BTW to manage that using a synyster custom, I set the bass to around 1, I scooped a lot the mids and I brought up the treble : the synyster has the body and neck completely made of mahogany, which gave to the guitar a very dark sound and the SD Invaders also push a lot the bass-mids so I had to cut them out!
I got this Synyster 'cause it cost me only 600 bucks in mint condition as the guy who sold me the guitar had got her only a month before selling it to me, and for the specification ( ebony fretboard, SD Invaders, mahogany neck-body, a floyd rose 1000 ( which is the original model made in South Korea... stays in tune great) it was a deal.
I know that a JP would be so much better but here in EU they cost like a full customized Mayones Regius ( 2800&euro to give you the idea ahahah
Last edited by Ludo950 at Jun 22, 2014,
Thanks for the crit man

I'm not familiar with the track but as a DT fan I can say without a doubt that you nailed this. Excellent tone - VERY close to JP and your playing well articulated, clean and expressive.

Probably some of the best playing from a UG'er I've heard in a long while. Good job!
Awesome tone, one of my favorite songs!

maximumrocker:
Hope to see Illumination soon!

Go check out the new threads, I might have something for you...
Thank you very much! btw, what's your favorite between the two? I personally like the first the most but the second is more similar to the original one in my opinion
Yeah the second one is more similar with the delay but I also prefer how the first one sounds