ok, without getting to deep (I know there are some physicists here ) we know that our existence is made up of atoms in different combinations that create everything.

That all good and well, but why? I'm interested in your point of view, whether it be religious or otherwise.

I have thought long and hard about this and the best conclusion I can come up with is that our entire existence is some sort of "program" running a mathematical equation that is the simulation of our universe.

Hear me out here. Ok, so we can't see the end of our universe because the light from the big bang (beginning of time) hasn't reached it yet. So there is an end to what needs to be simulated.

Us humans have only been around for a tiny fraction of the time that the universe has existed and already we are at the cusp of developing technology that will allow us to recreate the human brain.

Once we fully understand the brain we should also be able to understand the true nature of quantum mechanics, and potentially we would be able to copy our brain into an AI that has the processing power of a human brain and more AND is able to connect to the internet. (See transcendence http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2209764/)

I'm not saying this is going to happen in 20 years, it could happen in 100 or 1000 but once it does that technology will exists for as long as we survive which could be millions or billions of years.

With this technology we would also be able to simulate entire universes, but think about it (and this is where it gets really cool), as a human conciousness living on forever inside a machine wouldn't you want to, from time to time, experience being human again? You could create an entire universe for yourself and put your conciousness into a being born and live an entire life. What better time to be alive then now?

Yes is am saying that it is possible that everyone reading this in just an AI in my simulation, but I like to think that in this distant future I have friends and we are all jamming in the same universe together
Last edited by Victorgeiger at Jun 19, 2014,
you said u didnt wanna go 2 deep but u went really deep :402:
Check out my band Disturbed
It's a coincidence.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Pizza.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
It doesn't mean a thing and that is okay. You are thinking from a human perspective when the universe is nonliving and mostly empty space.
Last edited by Weaponized at Jun 19, 2014,
it is well known that the first time we successfully simulate the universe in a computer, the chances of us being a simulation is almost certain.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Weaponized
Pizza.

Quote by Eastwinn
Pizza.

ftfy
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
If the earth is billions of years old, then why is it only 2014?

Checkmate.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
there is no inherent meaning to anything, and any meaning is ascribed by humans
but that's not a bad thing
it's also pretty futile to try to understand the universe
interesting though
There is no definitive point. Make what you want of your existence. I'd start with familiarizing myself with the written English language.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Quote by StewieSwan
you said u didnt wanna go 2 deep but u went really deep :402:

Yea maaaaaan

Quote by Eastwinn
it is well known that the first time we successfully simulate the universe in a computer, the chances of us being a simulation is almost certain.

Great so I'm not crazy

Quote by HypernovaGlow
There is no definitive point. Make what you want of your existence. I'd start with familiarizing myself with the written English language.

Thanks buddy..
Quote by SMH07

Checkmate.

But the Earth is only 6000 years old. lrn2Bible, heretic!
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It means you need a new amp.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Quote by SMH07

Checkmate.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
But the Earth is only 6000 years old. lrn2Bible, heretic!

Please tell me more O wise beacons of humanity
Quote by Victorgeiger
Please tell me more O wise beacons of humanity
On the 8th day, God created sarcasm.
Quote by Diemon Dave
We're nowhere near simulating a full human brain on a computer (some japanese supercomputer took 4 weeks to simulate around 10 seconds from 5% of a brain). As for mathematical simulation of the universe - well as math is today we couldn't possibly do it as it would require an infinite number of iterations. Infinite means the lack of a limit so we couldn't solve such an equation.
Note that our current understanding of time and space relies heavilly on the use of functions and/or variables that refer to undefined limits (or better said infinite).
But with the advance in science, who knows?

But i'm no astrophysicist (although i'm comfortable with advanced math notions) so feel free to comment on this.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
On the 8th day, God created sarcasm.

Haha I'm surprised everyone seams pretty chilled by my suggestion of reality
Quote by Victorgeiger

I donlt know what it was, I didn't read the OP.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Victorgeiger

Nobody actually read it, it was too long and probably bullshit.
Last edited by Malchius at Jun 19, 2014,
Quote by Eastwinn

is this really true?

i like to think any sort of understanding about the nature of our reality is unknowable
I am GLaDOS and not only are everyone around you AIs, but so are you.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Eastwinn

well we will never be able to simulate the universe in a computer now will we?
banned
If you don't make that massive post more readible and entertaining, I will just not bother reading it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
With the universe being so big and all, I try to distract myself from it because my insignificance in the universe makes me miserable.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by deadsmileyface
well we will never be able to simulate the universe in a computer now will we?

got one running right now where you're s'ing my d.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I'm part of the belief that we're all made of microscopic tentacles.
¯\_()_/¯