How's it going bros? My name is Pewdiep-- wait, wrong forum.

Anyway, I'm looking for a nice distortion pedal to complement my ESP Viper and Fender Blues Jr. amp. Heaviness of the stuff I play rank from Queen to Dream Theater. And my budget is about $200. Any recommendations?
"Darker than a moonless night, more bitter than Hell itself. That is coffee." - Godot
Used wrampler triple wreck maybe?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'd recommend the Plextortion over the Triple Wreck for what you want. It's a bit more well-rounded.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Used Empress Multidrive.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've owned the Wampler Plextortion and Wampler Triple Wreck. The Triple Wreck is still my main distortion. You'll be able to get a Queen sound easier on the Triple Wreck than you will be able to get a Dream Theater sound on the Plextortion. I thought the Plextortion was actually more of a one trick pony. It's great for 70s and 80s rock.
The Triple Wreck is far more tweakable in my opinion. I've spent a few years with the Triple Wreck now. I still haven't found a pedal I'd replace it with.
Unfortunately like Spambot_2 says, you'll have to find it used to get under the 2 bill mark.
Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
I guess it depends on what you play more often. Don't get me wrong, the Triple Wreck is fantastic (it was my primary distortion tone for years until just recently) and very very smooth, so for Petrucci-type leads, it's excellent. But the Plextortion is a bit crunchier and I think it suits rhythm a bit better.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
I say Wampler Sovereign...!! Beast of a distortion....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Thanks a lot, guys!! Will start another thread when I get a distortion and show how everything went
"Darker than a moonless night, more bitter than Hell itself. That is coffee." - Godot