Sorry if this has been asked before but what's a basic set up for ambient stuff? I won't be performing live so won't necessarily need a looper. I'm gonna get a volume pedal for swells.

Stuff I've got already
Ehx Soul Preacher
Line 6 M5
Malekko Ekko 616
Tc Flashback
Tc Hall of Fame
Wampler Euphoria
Crybaby wah
Gibson SG
Marshal Dsl

Owt obvious I'm missing?
There's no real basic ambient setup.
I mean you can already do the basic stuff.

To that, in order of importance, I'd add a looper, a high gain distortion, a volume pedal, a boss slow gear or its mooer copy, and a quadraverb 2 + a midi foot controller like the behringer fcb1010.

Who cares if you don't play live, loopers are hella useful for dem drones and background stuff to play on.
Even a simple looper will do, say the digitech jam man express xt.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've got a high gain pedal but wouldn't have thought it would really have any place in an ambient set up! Would I really need something like a slow gear if I'm using a volume pedal to remove te attack from my playing? Basically doing the same thing non?
Quote by LivinJoke84
I've got a high gain pedal but wouldn't have thought it would really have any place in an ambient set up!
Well some don't like that stuff, and some like it.
I like it.
Try it, maybe you'll like it too.
Quote by LivinJoke84
Would I really need something like a slow gear if I'm using a volume pedal to remove te attack from my playing? Basically doing the same thing non?
Not if you're playing fairly slow stuff and you can effectively operate the volume pedal at the speed you're playing at.
If you're looking for something hands (feet) free that can handle faster playings, the slow gear's the solution.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'd slap a musket fuzz on that board in a heart beat. The volume pedal is a good call. Honestly, you have about all you need. Other than that it's just fun shit you might want. Maybe a dedicated large reverb sound like a WET. The cavernous modes in the M5 are cool though. I'd probably get a tap tempo delay as well other than the M5 because I hate the delays in that thing. Maybe something like a Micro POG. You have many bases covered though.
I always like having a freeze pedal for drone.
Yeah was having a look at a Freeze pedal.

I was planning of using the M5 more for shimmer effects and the particle verb setting. Ive always quite liked the delays on it, the digital ones at least. My Flashback has tap tempo.

Ive just sold my amp and am toying with trading my Hall of Fame in for a Strymon Blue Sky...

Here's a link to a rough demo of a track i did ages ago actually....

https://soundcloud.com/#marcpollitt84/ambient
You could probably get away with your pedals right now. Use your flashback as a looper and your pretty much set, a volume pedal will help tremendously though. Well now you need a new amp.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Jun 20, 2014,
Take a look at the SuperEgo, as it's a more featured filled version of the Freeze. I have two clips in my profile that are sort of ambient.

The SuperEgo here....
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/fly135/music/all/play1144499

The Yamaha Magicstomp Early Reflections effect here....
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/fly135/music/all/play833700
I'm pretty sure the amp in have will do just fine!!

Right then, I just need to bide my time until a volume pedal appears on ebay. Miles easier than having to rush to turn the guitar volume know up and down!