Would this be ok just as a cheap travel guitar to go around with to play at peoples houses and outside maybe.

Will it last if looked after reasonably and also as I play barre or open chord stuff and not folk will this still be suitable.
i've never heard of a guitar that didn't last for decades as long as humidity was dealt with. cheap guitars may need their tuners replaced at some point - not a big deal - and even a loose bridge is an easy fix.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
i've never heard of a guitar that didn't last for decades as long as humidity was dealt with. cheap guitars may need their tuners replaced at some point - not a big deal - and even a loose bridge is an easy fix.

True, guitars have a long life expectancy with proper maintenance and repair. However, there is the question of structural deformity, playability and neck resets. Neck resets are expensive, currently about $500, so aren't cost-effective on inexpensive guitars. So, IMO, it pays to get one with a high neck angle. That is, still plenty of saddle left when the action has been set low. This allows the saddle to be lowered as the guitar goes banana-shaped as a result of string tension over time. This applies to expensive guitars as well, unless they are covered by the original owner's lifetime warranty.
yeah, but pretty much every guitar is going to need a neck reset in 20 or 30 years. and around here, neck resets are more like $700 unless you have a guitar like a taylor with a bolt on neck.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
unless you have a guitar like a taylor with a bolt on neck.

Which is why I like Taylors (though their tone isn't my cup of tea) and Bourgeois so much.

Some custom luthiers are also doing fully-bolt-on necks, and Collings are partially bolt-on. LaSiDo (Seagull etc) also use to be aprtially-bolt-on, but I read that they've gone to epoxy-jointed neck. I don't know if it's true, but it would be a big backward step if it is.