Hey guys I just bought the Orange Tiny Terror amp last weekend for $150 along with an overdrive pedal. I don't know what the overdrive pedal is to be entirely honest. It's white and the distortion pedal like it is black. I doubt that helps but that's beside the point. I was wondering if you can run overdrive pedals with the amp distortion. I work on the road so I've only got to play it for 2 days. This amp has surprisingly good distortion for its adorable size but it doesn't quite get heavy enough for some of the music I play. With that overdrive pedal of which I cannot remember the brand of, the distortion gets really heavy but with the cab I'm using (some Marshall 4x12) it gets bad feedback. I used a noise suppressor pedal and it was fine but I'm wondering if it's okay to keep using that overdrive with my amp distortion.
The pedal is a Moore. I'm almost certain it was a Hustle Drive, if not then it was a Triangle Buff.
What are your settings on the overdrive pedal? Try gain 0. Volume all the way up. Tone around 9 to 12 o clock (your pref)

This way the OD pedal would push your amp harder (when it's already distorted) and make it a bit tighter. Should make it a good bit heavier hitting the front that way.

I've had a Tiny Terror and loved the thing. I get what you are saying about not getting heavy enough for certain songs. It doesn't have that "low/low mid umphh" butt kicking bottom end the higher wattage amps have. With the 1 knob eq and vintage voicing, and no fx loop it's somewhat limited. I used an eq out front to boost some of the lower frequencies along with a tubescreamer set like above and it could get pretty brutal. Not 5150 tight chugga chugga brootz... but it was still ass kicking with that orange crunchy midrange. Mic'd it sounded absolutely huge.

BTW: That is a DEAL for what you bought. Congrats
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 19, 2014,
Hell, know I dude who got a Micro Terror and a dist. pedal for more than that. You ass blasted the guy you bought it from.

If using a noise suppressor works, then use one (you should probably use one anyways). Try Cheese's method and see what works best. As long as you don't have them both distorting the signal, you'll sound fine.

When it comes to playing live, as long as your tone isn't atrocious no one will even think about it. Most of it will come from how well everything mixes with each other and how tight you are as a band.
Israel is a terrorist state.
Also, if you ever want to get rid of the amp, I'll give you double what you paid
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by cheesefries
What are your settings on the overdrive pedal? Try gain 0. Volume all the way up. Tone around 9 to 12 o clock (your pref)

This way the OD pedal would push your amp harder (when it's already distorted) and make it a bit tighter. Should make it a good bit heavier hitting the front that way.

This, or keep the gain on the pedal really low to just give the amp a bit of a push. I find that this together with an amp's clean channel is also a great dirty-clean sound, especially at lower volumes.
Thanks guys I'll try some of those tactics out. I'm glad I got a deal on it too =p
absolutely

if it's a hustle drive (that's an ocd clone i think) it should work fine as a boost- drive/gain at zero, level full up, tone to taste as cheesefries said.

a triangle buff is a muff clone i think. you can try it as well, but it might be too fuzzy to use as a boost (still might sound good in combination with your amp od, so still worth a try, it won't break anything, just you might not like the sound).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a tiny terror and frequently use a Boss SD-1 and Boss DS-1 (or DS-2 for those fancier people), and an EHX Little Bigg Muff Pi for all fuzzy and distrotiony (new word?) sounds. and it sounds amazing, so thats my 2-67 cents.
Quote by Wiegenlied
this thread is now about phil kessel

Quote by eGraham
Call child protection services on yourself, because you're in the position of caring for a child and you're asking a music forum how to console it.