I recently won a BKP Nailbomb in a contest, and stupidly ordered one with a cover to put into my RG7321. Needless to say, the pickup is too big for the route in the corners. How would I go about making them ever so slightly bigger that I would be able to fit them into the route?
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
I do, in fact. But I'd rather not make it look all rough. I have a handheld router though, would that work?
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
Yeah but imo it's just more trouble to make a routing template and set it all up. If you do it carefully and correctly (and your chisels are nice and sharp) then it won't look bad at all. You're the only person who'd see it anyway.
what jim said ... or just take the cover off the pick up
Last edited by sytharnia1560 at Jun 20, 2014,
Since that guitar has direct mount pups with no rings to cover up any sloppy work, I would avoid using chisels, plus you would have to match up paint. I personally would just either not use that pup in that guitar or see if the cover can be removed and still look nice. If the guitar had pup rings that would be a different story.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I'd use a dremel with sanding tips, works for me at least.

He would still have to match up paint or paint the cavities black to cover up the bare wood after doing it. Plus do a perfect job on shaping it. Then the 2 pup cavities won't match anymore if he decides to stick another uncovered pup back in it in the future.

When a guitar has direct mount pups I like the cavity to be as nicely routed and painted as possible since there's nothing to hide it like a pup with a ring. I would personally avoid it just for that reason alone. But that's just me.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jun 20, 2014,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
He would still have to match up paint or paint the cavities black to cover up the bare wood after doing it. Plus do a perfect job on shaping it. Then the 2 pup cavities won't match anymore if he decides to stick another uncovered pup back in it in the future.

When a guitar has direct mount pups I like the cavity to be as nicely routed and painted as possible since there's nothing to hide it like a pup with a ring. I would personally avoid it just for that reason alone. But that's just me.

I just stopped in this thread to tell you that you have the best forum name of all time *exits thread*
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
^I was going to say the same thing. Just take the cover off the pickup
Not taking any online orders.