Yes! Finally, I really never cared for AX7 until Hail. I always felt their albums lacked focus and consistency, I always got the impression from previous albums as though they had an identity crisis and didnt know what kind of band they wanted to be.

They always had this metal/poppy blink 182, teeny bopper kind of sound. Well that is all changed with Hail to the king. This album is a masterpiece pure and simple. Consistent, focused, grounded, tight. The lyrics are amazing, the mix is amazing, guitar riffs amazing, vocals are spot on. This album is VERY 90s megadeth in the countdown/youthanasia era.

The track Heretic sounds exactly like something that would come straight from countdown to extinction. It is extremely rare for a album to consist of songs that are all equally amazing. AX7 is one of the best metal albums in a long long time.
The only song on Hail to the King that is bearable is Coming Home. Other than that it is considerably more boring than any of their previous albums. And that's saying something...

Quote by Morphogenesis26
City of Evil is better.

You're so kvlt, Morph.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Ok, do you guys have a legitimate hate for Hail or is it more like a "deep down I know the black album is a great metal album, but just to preserve my true metal head status im going to say it sucks because its mainstream sounding" kind of hate?

Im sorry but how is this album bad? Hail is probably the most complete and polished metal album I have heard in a very long time.

And no im not one of these bandwagon types that only likes mainstream sounding music. I love Slayer, (seasons is the best album, reign has maybe three songs that stand out, the rest of the album is a mess, Seasons is one of the greatest metal albums of all time) favorite Tallica is either Justice or puppets.

I love Maiden, (somewhere in time favorite album)
Infact, if anything Sevenfold has actually moved away from the mainstream because Hail might be the darkest album they have done.
Gay7x

Did I mention gaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at Jun 20, 2014,
Quote by Metalguy5784
Ok, do you guys have a legitimate hate for Hail or is it more like a "deep down I know the black album is a great metal album, but just to preserve my true metal head status im going to say it sucks because its mainstream sounding" kind of hate?

Im sorry but how is this album bad? Hail is probably the most complete and polished metal album I have heard in a very long time.

And no im not one of these bandwagon types that only likes mainstream sounding music. I love Slayer, (seasons is the best album, reign has maybe three songs that stand out, the rest of the album is a mess, Seasons is one of the greatest metal albums of all time) favorite Tallica is either Justice or puppets.

I love Maiden, (somewhere in time favorite album)
Infact, if anything Sevenfold has actually moved away from the mainstream because Hail might be the darkest album they have done.

I, for one, dislike Hail to the King specifically because I DO know the Black Album is good, and I enjoy it. Hail is one of the most shameless ripoffs of that sound I've ever heard, and coming from a band that actually had a truly unique identity on at least one masterpiece of an album (City of Evil), that's just sad.
^
It'd sort of be one thing if it was more creative. But the riffs on "Hail to the King" can easily be found on top 40 radio rock. It's like they lost all creativity since their original drummer died. Not that they had much to begin with, but this is much less creative by far...
Quote by deadsmileyface
i heard he likes screamo and coheed and cambria

D: I put my trust in you! y u do dis

I am quite kvlt, though.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
D: I put my trust in you! y u do dis

I am quite kvlt, though.

hey man i put it in a spoiler what more do you want from me
banned
Nightmare album is > in my opinion. They changed big time in Hail to the king. I prefer their older albums.
I think other than their self titled, it's arguably their worst album. It's just mediocre compared to their previous works. I even liked Nightmare, an album that I think gets way too much hate.
No this album isnt innovative or different, but it suits them way more than their previous albums. I always hated their fast thrash stuff, it always sounded like what blink 182 would sound like trying to do thrash.

Thrash just does not suit ax7 at all, groove metal is a much better fit for them.
A7X is ****ing lame. I don't usually agree with many regulars around here but

GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

However... Hail sorta reminds me of SoWN John Bush Anthrax (which is my favorite Anthrax)
So I kinda liked Hail the first 10 times I heard it on the radio... but by the time it had been out 2 weeks Id heard it enough to last the rest of my entire goddamn life

Soo... how about them Yankees? They win the Superbowl this year, eh?
When did they start scoring Tim Burton movies?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
...groove metal?

Thrash?

Do you even actually listen to Metal? Like at all?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
We've been dying to ask you this too...
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
It's not that I don't listen to metal, it's that I don't talk about it much on this site due to the way metal discussions normally dissolve into tr00ness pissing contests and homophobic slurs.

Plus I'm not big on Death Metal save a handful of bands which is the focus of most discussions it seems.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 22, 2014,
I have always like A7X. SOTST was the best, Self titled is second. The two recent ones are kinda lacking but not that bad.

The music is just fun to me
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by ChemicalFire
due to the way metal discussions normally dissolve into tr00ness pissing contests and homophobic slurs.

It's a misconception that they "normally" do this. I've never been involved in a metal discussion on here that resulted in this. You and Sam just seem to walk in here with "kick me" signs all over your backs. I don't really know how it happens.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

it would not be advisable to march into the reich with a feather boa
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland