Two new pedals for recording and for playing through studio monitors. Wampler Triple Wreck distortion and ADA GCS-2 guitar cabinet simulator.
Attachments:
triplewreck-gcs2.jpg
A buddy of mine had a tw pedal. I borrowed it once for what was supposed to be two days. wound up on my board for a month. :P
Quote by Wiegenlied
this thread is now about phil kessel

Quote by eGraham
Call child protection services on yourself, because you're in the position of caring for a child and you're asking a music forum how to console it.
Niiiice!
Happy NPD

So, how does the ADA sound?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Niiiice!
Happy NPD

So, how does the ADA sound?

Pretty good by my ears. Lots of tonal control, and beats the hell out of the emulated output on my Blackstar amp. It's an easy and inexpensive way of using a distortion pedal with studio monitors without sounding shrill and buzzy. I wouldn't have bought a bedroom/practice amp had I started with these two pedals.

At the start of this video you'll hear what various sources sound like with and without the GCS engaged. Then at 6:20 he'll focus on a Lovepedal AMP Eleven and go through various settings on the GCS, and then play with settings on the AMP Eleven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzppX8OdXeU

And here's a video with ADA's preamp pedal and the GCS-2, with a thorough walk-through of the features and use cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLezYymLb8
Last edited by amyhughes at Jun 21, 2014,
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?