On nearly every guitar that I own (I got 4 or 5 ranging from cheap to mid-quality), of nearly every guitar that I own, the treble strings buzz. It sounds like a loose screw that spins around real fast when you hit the strings. Now I've isolated the problem as being the saddles, even the guitar tech at the store confirmed it. The saddles aren't loose or anything, they're just not installed as snugly as most other guitars coming off the assembly line. The intonation and tuning stability are still spot on, and the 'buzzing saddle' doesn't come through the amp so that's good. But its still annoying.

Anyway, my question is this: on less expensive models ($300-$500 range), is this a fairly common experience, or did I just happen to get the ones that were a dud? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
where da white women at?

sorry, that's the only blazing saddles quote I can remember at the moment

Ive only had this issue on one of my guitars, a lower end washburn 7 string with a TOM bridge. I just stuffed a little bit of foam kind of under and around the saddle screws on both sides of the saddle and that seemed to fix it. not sure exactly what causes that though. ive mostly owned cheap to mid-grade guitars and haven't had the issue other than that one time. it may be the springs between the saddle and the inside of the bridge, if your bridge has those springs? what type of bridge do you have? if its a hipshot style or something like a strat bridge, then ill have to take a closer look and see what suggestions I can make

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Its not that big a deal. Its more of an annoyance at best. As long as the rattling doesn't come through the amp, I'm fine. I was just curious if anyone else had encountered something that kind of thing. Also, my next guitar I'll probably splurge and go for $700-$1000 range once I get good enough to gig. At that range, there shouldn't be any issues like what I talked about right?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
nope there shouldn't be. I think the bridge on my washburn was maybe the only one ive ever encountered with the springs on the inside keeping the saddle in place. all other TOMs ive seen don't have those so especially any guitar in that price range won't have that issue.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab