Hello All. I just noticed a very large hum when I'm using my JCA 100 live, with a PA system. The strange part comes next.

At a recent performance for a summer park concert series, I had out powered speakers (a 15 inch EV and ONE SUBWOOFER) connect to a power supply, which was an extension cord. I then had my Furman pedal board connected to that supply. My AMP was running off of a cord connect to the Furman. I do this alot, and have never had a problem. We removed the pedal board, and the hum was still present. We then took 2 circuit breakers, but them between the original cord and my amp, and the hum was still there.

just so everyone knows, this hum was there with the amp on AND OFF. Standby off, power off, completely off.

Anyone ever heard of this? I could lug around a separate extension cord for myself, but that would be a bummer and just be a hinderance.

Also, this did NOT HAPPEN with my DSL, which last time a checked came with a grounding problem stock.

I'm all sorts of confused, and my amp tech never even heard of this happening before.

Any wisdom would be appreciated! Thanks guys
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Happens all the time, biggest problem of any kind of amp is interference, dirty power, radios. Best thing you can do is run your amp off of a separate power strip. If your pa is cheap, then you'll get buzz no matter what. Sometimes the building isent shielded very well, or the wiring is not correct can can cause interference with your amp and PA system.

There's alot of factors, but it's just something you gotta get used to, unless it's just crazy loud buzzing, then theres a problem.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Happens all the time, biggest problem of any kind of amp is interference, dirty power, radios. Best thing you can do is run your amp off of a separate power strip. If your pa is cheap, then you'll get buzz no matter what. Sometimes the building isent shielded very well, or the wiring is not correct can can cause interference with your amp and PA system.

There's alot of factors, but it's just something you gotta get used to, unless it's just crazy loud buzzing, then theres a problem.

Yea the humming was very loud. Our PA isn't cheap, and we run a pretty solid mixer too. the weird thing was that even if it WASN'T on, it made that sound. as long as one power cable was in the amp and the same splitter, it happened. But it didn't happen with any other amp. not my DSL and not the other guys JVM. What up with that.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Is there a ground loop switch on your JCA? if there is try it in the other position and see if it helps.

But yes a quick fix might be using your own separate power suply
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Is there a ground loop switch on your JCA? if there is try it in the other position and see if it helps.

But yes a quick fix might be using your own separate power suply

Not on the JCA. Gonna bring it back in today and hopefully figure out what the issue is. Might just stick to using my own power though. It'll be easier too
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify