I have a pedalboard for smaller gigs with just 5 pedals. The pedals are: overdrive, EQ, phaser, chorus and digital delay. I was thinking to substitute the EQ with another pedal. The two that I had in mind where a boost pedal to increase the volume for lead and solo sections or a tuner just for convenience. Any suggestions about what pedal to use, I consider different type of pedals not only the ones I had in mind.
Can't you use your eq pedal as a boost? Maybe get some fuzz or tremelo instead.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
It is a great idea to use an EQ as a boost. My EQ is great for smooting the sound, but as soon as you boost it, it gets a bit noisy especially on heavily distorted sounds.

I was using the EQ to remove the Fuzz-ish sound from my distorted sound. It works perfectly on humbucker pickups. But when I play my strat with single coils, it is almost changes nothing. Also, it effects the sound, it feels like a compressor almost when playing clean.

The tremolo is a cool effect. Would you suggest any particular model?
I recently picked up a Mooer Trelicopter that does the job for me. Its a pretty simple tremelo, no crazy waves or anything but it sounds good. That is the entirety of my knowledge and experience with tremelo pedals.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I suggest the Supa-trem by Fulltone. It's a boost and a Trem at the same time. Really convenient !

To use it as a boost, you have to put mix to 0.
Kick ON = Boost
Kick soft/hard = trem (and boost as well)

When the trem is set on soft with mix set to 0, the trem does not wet the signal, however it boost the signal. You can even adjust the amount of gain you want by tweeking the pot inside the pedal. It boost a couple of DB too. Then if you need a trem, just kick this soft/hard switch. On hard, the trem will work even with mix set on 0.
What amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd suggest the TC Electronic Spark Booster...beast of a boost...and it's not its sole purpose...it can be a great tone shaper as well...with a fat/clean/mid toggle switch...and level/gain/bass/treble knobs, it cant get any more versatile than that...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
I have a Fender hot rod deluxe connected with eminence speaker & an enclosure with a celestion speaker
Last edited by Gab_Azz at Jun 30, 2014,
Quote by kennethdave
I'd suggest the TC Electronic Spark Booster...beast of a boost...and it's not its sole purpose...it can be a great tone shaper as well...with a fat/clean/mid toggle switch...and level/gain/bass/treble knobs, it cant get any more versatile than that...

+1 to this....although I have the 'mini' version which is just a clean boost without the other controls, it's amazingly powerful.

Quote by Cathbard
What amp?

His profile says he has a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Every board needs a Timmy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i have an overdrive on the board and im happy with the sound, i am looking for something different.
Quote by GaryBillington
+1 to this....although I have the 'mini' version which is just a clean boost without the other controls, it's amazingly powerful.

His profile says he has a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III

Sorry Gary Bilington, my HRD is an older model my mistake on the profile