Have had my 13 inch Pro for almost 4 years now without one problem.

Dunno about retina display or anything, though they all might have that now...
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
the one that isnt made by apple hehehe

unless yr going to college for graphic design or one of those incredibly rare occurrences where you actually need their overpriced shite
Good lad.

8GB ram upgrade for sure but you can pretty much leave everything else at default unless you need anything specific. Probably gonna want a disk space upgrade too if you're recording.

I've got a mid 2012 mbp with 8gb ram and 750gb hdd which is fine for me, and I do pretty intense sound processing.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jun 21, 2014,
apple absolutely sucks, you would be a fool if you bought a $2000 shit machine.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
You're going to need to elaborate a bit more mate. How intensive is the recording you're doing, are you just having fun in garageband or are you doing 40+ professional tracks with a ton of effects added on top, mastering, etc.? How future proof do you want it? Any plans to do anything graphically intensive? How much storage space do you need?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
You're going to need to elaborate a bit more mate. How intensive is the recording you're doing, are you just having fun in garageband or are you doing 40+ professional tracks with a ton of effects added on top, mastering, etc.? How future proof do you want it? Any plans to do anything graphically intensive? How much storage space do you need?

Idk how intensive it's going to be. I want to be able to record 40+ tracks but I don't know if I need the effects and excessive mastering and that shit. I want the quality to be good enough for people to buy them, I suppose.

Quote by captainsnazz
Good lad.

8GB ram upgrade for sure but you can pretty much leave everything else at default unless you need anything specific. Probably gonna want a disk space upgrade too if you're recording.

I've got a mid 2012 mbp with 8gb ram and 750gb hdd which is fine for me, and I do pretty intense sound processing.

Thank you
Last edited by stratdud39 at Jun 21, 2014,
If you are serious about recording, neither laptops nor Macs are the way to go.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
the one that isnt made by apple hehehe

unless yr going to college for graphic design or one of those incredibly rare occurrences where you actually need their overpriced shite

almost everyone that i have ever known that does video editing or graphic design or anything really despises macs as well
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 21, 2014,
Quote by theogonia777

It's sort of ridiculous the pretend that apple can't do some things right. It's not necessarily apple itself (the machines are overpriced shite) but rather the software and compatibility issues with other OS.
Quote by theogonia777

if you're only doing RIM then it'll be fine
Quote by captainsnazz
cool how am i meant to lug my gigantic lame nerd pc up a hill to record the ambience for the start of my next tune

that doesn't sound very serious
Quote by theogonia777

almost everyone that i have ever known that does video editing or graphic design or anything really despises macs as well

Then you don't know anybody even remotely professional doing graphic design. Stop talking shit theo.
try to get 8gb ram and a ssd drive (preferably 256gb and above). retina display is a crock of shit but i guess that's the default these days

2000 could get you a prettyy good 13 inch macbook pro
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jun 21, 2014,
I don't know about ram and gigabits and junk, but when I finish school I'm rewarding myself with an Air.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I don't know about ram and gigabits and junk, but when I finish school I'm rewarding myself with an Air.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by theogonia777

Are you high? Mac have some great video editing and graphic design software. Almost all the people in those fields in the US, I would venture to say, use Macs. Windows tools in those realms are not as good.
It's very easy to be a Mac skeptic. I have the 13-inch: 2.4GHz 8GB RAM one and I think it's great! Especially as I'm someone who's always had kinda crappy computers throughout life.

With the new MBPs you will have to invest in an external hard drive due to the smaller Solid State Drive (though really you should regardless in my opinion), don't be too put off by this as they're fast as **** and I heard they're more reliable?
External CD/DVD drive will be needed too as the new ones don't even have that!
Macs suck butts. Apple even more so.

Can I be in the cool kid club now?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut

Macs just work.
Lol Macbooks. My laptop cost $450 and runs great.
Last edited by MeTallIcA313 at Jun 22, 2014,
Quote by VanTheKraut

You can't be in MS Paint Mafia 2 now

But srs, people pay 1k for this?

OP, here's what you do.
1. Acquire cheapest model
2. Upgrade RAM and SSD on your own, saving you ~$300
3. ??????
4. Profit
Quote by Skullivan
You can't be in MS Paint Mafia 2 now

But srs, people pay 1k for this?

OP, here's what you do.
1. Acquire cheapest model
2. Upgrade RAM and SSD on your own, saving you ~$300
3. ??????
4. Profit

How do I download more RAM?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica

You join a botnet and let it leech off of your PC's "power", in exchange for more RAM.
Quote by i_lovemetallica

You have to trade for Dogecoin.
Quote by Skullivan
You have to trade for Dogecoin.

Many wow. Much thanks
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass