So, I've got a three-piece band, but only two inputs on my interface... I've got an electric drum set, a bass, and a guitar.

What's the most efficient way to record live?
With just an audio interface, a guitar, a bass and no mics nor Y shaped cables you're not gonna be able to do that in any way.

What other gear do you have?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have two mics. One is condenser and the other is dynamic.

I also have an old Behringer Eurorack mixer lying around but I don't know how to connect it and I don't have speakers.
Plug a mic into channel 1 of the mixer. Mic the guitar amp.
Line out the bass amp to channel 2 of the mixer.
Plug in the electric drums to one of the stereo channels of the mixer.
Main mix (stereo) from the mixer to the interface.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Why are you wanting to record live specifically?

If it's just so you can play it back to hear yourselves, something simple like a pair of condenser mics set across the room would give you something to listen to.

If you're hoping to create a demo CD....don't bother. You'll be able to create something much higher quality by recording each track separately.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you're going to force live and don't have a matched set of mics for stereo then I would level everyone so that the balance is good in the room, then put the mics in the places in the room where it sounds best. Blend the two mics in mono for the best combined sound and that's done. You really don't have a setup suited to live recording.

That said, my band is basically the same with vocals and we get a wicked sound multitracked. Seriously, there isn't much benefit to doing a live setup for any rock-derived band.
Sounds like I'm gonna change plans on live recording. It just seems easier if I don't because I'm not really willing to buy anything else for the reason that I am probably going to be very rarely recording bands.
Yeah man, track bass DI, guitar either DI with amp sims or mic the amp (whichever sounds better) and take the midi from the drums and use a drum program like Sennheiser DrumMic'A (which is free) to make it sound like real drums. That's how we record and it works a treat.

If you want to get that live feel, you could record a scratch track then record to that instead of a click. All you have to do for that is stick a mic somewhere and record a take live, then play that back through headphones when everyone records their parts so they can play to the scratch track. I've had pretty solid results doing that.
Pick up a MIDI interface and put the drums through that.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
^ that's a good idea.
Do that, and either mic one cab with each mic or go direct into the interface and use amp sims.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.