How is Iron Maiden not part of the big four instead of Anthrax?

Page 1 of 3
I know its because they arent an american band, but so what? Anthrax is part of the big 4 how?! Im sorry but Anthrax doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence of Deth, Slayer and tallica, Iron Maiden is an infinetley better and iconic band. I know Maiden is more power metal than thrash but in my book, when it comes to 80s metal, Maiden is right up there with the likes of Deth and Slayer.
Because Iron Maiden aren't one of the founding bands of Thrash Metal?

Did you even look up what the big 4 means before asking this dumb ass question?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Also bare in mind it's the Big 4 of Bay Area thrash. Those bands are collected together because they were part of the same scene at the start of the thrash genre. You have the Big 3 of Teutonic Thrash too with Kreator, Sodom and Destruction. People have argued that bands like Testament and stuff are a better fit than Anthrax... but Iron Maiden? A British NWOBHM band?

Nah.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Every time I think this forum can't get any more retarded, it does.

Easily your fault for having unrealistic expectations
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Metalguy5784
I know its because they arent an american band, but so what? Anthrax is part of the big 4 how?! Im sorry but Anthrax doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence of Deth, Slayer and tallica, Iron Maiden is an infinetley better and iconic band. I know Maiden is more power metal than thrash but in my book, when it comes to 80s metal, Maiden is right up there with the likes of Deth and Slayer.

My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by ChemicalFire
Also bare in mind it's the Big 4 of Bay Area thrash. Those bands are collected together because they were part of the same scene at the start of the thrash genre. You have the Big 3 of Teutonic Thrash too with Kreator, Sodom and Destruction. People have argued that bands like Testament and stuff are a better fit than Anthrax... but Iron Maiden? A British NWOBHM band?

Nah.

Only Metallica is Bay Area dude, Megadeth and Slayer are from SoCal (LA) and Anthrax is from NYC.

OP: I am admittedly a little perplexed as to how you came up with Iron Maiden being part of the Big Four of Thrash...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 22, 2014,
Quote by intwernet
Iron Maiden, the biggest thrash metal band ever.

this
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
How was Snorre Ruch included in the Black Circle? I know he's american and probably wasn't born at the time but Hunter Hunt-Hendrix would be a better fit
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by ctfod at Jun 22, 2014,
I really dont consider anthrax thrash, im not sure what they are. I personally never cared for them at all, the vocals grind my gears.
Fun fact: it doesn't matter what you think
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
If anything Anthrax sound more prototypical of thrash than Metallica and Megadeth.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Metalguy5784
I really dont consider anthrax thrash, im not sure what they are. I personally never cared for them at all, the vocals grind my gears.

If early anthrax isnt thrash, what the hell is? I would say if any of the bands had kind of a different sound it was slayer, as they were laying the grounds for death metal.
I personally prefer bands like 'Struction, 'Dom, 'Kard, and 'Ator over 'Thrax to be honest
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Why the **** is everybody abbreviating band names? It's annoying as piss oh and TS go kill yourself.
*Anthrax responsible for the term Thrash Metal*

"I don't consider Anthrax thrash"
"Which one of these words don't your understand?
Talking to you, is like clapping with one hand"
Originally Posted by Cheeselord
Sanitarium iz by SLAYER DUMBASS!!!!!

SLAYER FAN4LIFE!
I think I cursed this forum with my post about how good the threads had been because immediately thereafter the threads have been absolute shit. Muh Bad!
It doesn't help that you are the Limp Bizkit of users around here. Loud and useless
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Yeeaaahh! I see you contributing nothing but your anus.org derived drivel. I can name all your favorite bands because they are exactly the ones anus nutcups constantly. You just rehash the same shit here like you're doing something original but really you're just a broken record. Besides what is there to contribute that hasn't been already said? at this point it's all about the trollz.
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at Jun 30, 2014,
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
Yeeaaahh! I see you contributing nothing but [...]

Cousin Jake is actually funny sometimes. Like this:

It doesn't help that you are the Limp Bizkit of users around here. Loud and useless

Being funny sometimes is way better than being Limp Bizkit.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Jake? Oh wait I get it this is your inbred trailer park cheerleader come to save the day huh?
What is there left to learn? I've read all the relevant threads and the rest is shit, it is actually a pretty good representation of metal itself. A minority of quality and a majority of excrement.
I'd rather jump shit than sit around patting myself on the back for vomiting up some rehashed ideals some website spoon fed me that's for sure. Metal is dead there are a few bands still doing well with it but for the most part it is a shadow of it's former self. Now it's all hipsters and nerds and derivative bullshit. That's why everyone is so hung up on the old school stuff. Because its the only stuff worth messing with for the most part. There are a few exceptions but it's mostly a fad now.
I can hear the indie bars calling your name
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Nah, indie is even more inundated with hipsters than metal. Maybe ambient or something like that?
Page 1 of 3