Poll: Which Reverb pedal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Reverb pedal?
Strymon Blue Sky
9 69%
TC Electronic Hall of Fame
4 31%
Voters: 13.
Hey guys! I'm in the market for a new reverb pedal and have narrowed between these two. I wanted to so see which one everyone thinks would be better for me. I mainly play worship and ambient style music but also in a post rock sort of band. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
I voted before reading... If you play post rock and ambient then get the bigsky
I prefer the sound of the hall of fame but the reliability issues with tc electronics. I would go with the strymon or a mr black pedal.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
The strymon IS better.
Is it worth the more money to you though?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Meh. Hardwire RV-7 or Supernatural.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ oh well, since we're at it...
Quadraverb 2 or MX200.
Or PCM96 if you got da moneyz.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The strymon IS better.
Is it worth the more money to you though?

lol no

The TC probably sounds better, but there have been a lot of issues with switches and lack of customer support. Neither are all that great for ambient sounds though, IMO. The Hardwire/Digitech RV-7 and Supernatural, plus the Neunaber Stereo WET, Mr. Black Supermoon and Eterna, Red Panda Context, etc. are all way better reverbs in the same price range or cheaper.

I've owned the HoF, Mr. Blacks, the WET, Blue Sky, Big Sky, Space, and a whole bunch of others and the Strymons are the weakest for ambient tones, by and far. The Blue Sky is just terrible, and not even close to being worth $300, IMO. The Big Sky is solid, but only for more conventional reverb tones. I really like Strymon's other pedals (and still own the Big Sky, Timeline and Mobius), but they just don't do reverb all that well, and I can't for the life of me figure out why they're held in such high regard.

Quote by Offworld92
Meh. Hardwire RV-7 or Supernatural.

Yes.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I say go for orgasm in a box with the mr black eterna gold modified. Screw conventional reverbs!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
but the reliability issues with tc electronics.

I agree. Not only that but I didn't feel the HOF was all that great tonewise..... Very digital sounding, and not realistic sounding IMO.

In my opinion the Dr Scientist Reverberator for subtle and Nuenaber Wet for ambient.
Last edited by HighGainer at Jun 23, 2014,