Quote by 4nkam
Hey everyone For anyone interested, I wanted to let ya know that we have several spots left for the next batch of EMB Pedal Wahs by Ampli-Fier. If you would like one, please send an email to

Two things.

Somehow I have a feeling that it's against forum rules to have a manufacturer drop in here simply to sell his/her wares (the guys that sell fake passports, however, are providing a public service), and there's a good chance that your contact information may be blocked and you may be banned. I'm not the forum moderator, however, so I can't say for sure.

Second, I don't respond well to "buy it now, we have a few spots left, going fast, yada yada" marketing. I usually head the opposite direction, especially if it's a new manufacturer. If it survives and does something I really don't already have, but want, I might circle back several months later and see what Version 2.1 has fixed, that Version 1.0 guinea pigs have complained about. And then I'll usually wait and find a Version 2.1 used somewhere.

I'll also ignore two-day-old reviews that have a lot of breathless exclamation points from newbs who are still on their honeymoon with the gear. For example, I heard a lot of Ooohs and Aaaahs regarding LOXX straplocks. Turns out that the materials they use are a bit crappy, they wear quickly, and a couple of guitars have taken headers due to worn posts. The design might look good, but the execution sucked, and longer term use told the whole truth.
Quote by dspellman
Two things.

Somehow I have a feeling that it's against forum rules to have a manufacturer drop in here simply to sell his/her wares (the guys that sell fake passports, however, are providing a public service), and there's a good chance that your contact information may be blocked and you may be banned. I'm not the forum moderator, however, so I can't say for sure.

Second, I don't respond well to "buy it now, we have a few spots left, going fast, yada yada" marketing. I usually head the opposite direction, especially if it's a new manufacturer. If it survives and does something I really don't already have, but want, I might circle back several months later and see what Version 2.1 has fixed, that Version 1.0 guinea pigs have complained about. And then I'll usually wait and find a Version 2.1 used somewhere.

I'll also ignore two-day-old reviews that have a lot of breathless exclamation points from newbs who are still on their honeymoon with the gear. For example, I heard a lot of Ooohs and Aaaahs regarding LOXX straplocks. Turns out that the materials they use are a bit crappy, they wear quickly, and a couple of guitars have taken headers due to worn posts. The design might look good, but the execution sucked, and longer term use told the whole truth.

Ok then....I have had PMs from people that wanted to be kept updated so rather than dig through and copy/paste to everyone I figured I would update publicly. But its understandable so all that info has been removed.

It's not marketing. It's just facts. We are a three man team and only make small batches at a time (like 10).

This is not a new manufacturer, lol. We first started building wahs for guys like Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett, and Slash in the 1980s but it was all custom work. We spent years making sure this new pedal would be everything we wanted so no guinea pigs would be needed =)

Anyway, I understand what you're saying and as I mentioned I removed the info from the original post and only left the photos. Cheers.
Quote by 4nkam
It's not marketing. It's just facts.

Do yourself a favor and look up "advertising" in a dictionary sometime.