Hey guys,

Hope you are all good on this fine sunny Sunday

So my dilemma is that:

Last night when I was taking my contact lenses off and putting the solution in the container it kind of finished almost 3/4 off the way through and so I didn't know what to do and I used a tiny bit of my sister's contact lenses solution just to fill it up.

Now I had a word with my optician today and she said that i shouldn't have mixed the two solutions up. And gave me an extra bottle of the original solution which I'm meant to use.

So my question is that is it safe to take the contact lenses out of the old solution and putting it in the new solution and can wear tomorrow as I've lost my pair of glasses.

Thanks.

P.S Have a great week guys
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by angusfan16
I havent taken my contacts out in about two months.

How on earth are your eyes not dry
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Go in a sauna with them on. They pretty much melt to your eyes and you never have to worry about them again.

Ok dont do that. I have and it's not great
Ive got these contacts that I can sleep in, but really not suppose to do it for more than a couple days in a row.

Eyes arent ever dry, but they are kinda bloodshot most of the time
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16

Yeah.. how do your eyes get oxygen?
TS, you'll be fine.

Quote by angusfan16
Ive got these contacts that I can sleep in, but really not suppose to do it for more than a couple days in a row.

I still wouldn't sleep in them. I actually damaged my eyesight further by sleeping in contacts. I couldn't wear contacts as a result, for 2 years, until my eyes naturally corrected themselves.

Oxygen. What is it, and why do your eyes need it?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 22, 2014,
Quote by LostLegion
heh, look at all these four eyes

Yeah, nerds!
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by angusfan16
I havent taken my contacts out in about two months.

Ya, I sometimes leave mine in for that long too... I try not to, but just forget to take em out after a while. I usually leave em in for about 2 or 3 weeks before taking them out and Ill make that pair last for atleast 2 months cuz I cant get more than a years supply to last 2 years. Not good for your eyes tho, and I have had them stick to my eyes which can actually require surgery to fix, luckily I haven't had it be that bad. I just put saline solution or some contact drops in when they start to become dry and they're usually fine.

Anyways, to the TS, yes you can use a different solution and put them back in your eyes in most cases. The only reason you shouldn't is if you're using a hydrogen peroxide sterilizing solution right before you put the contacts in your eyes. If u do use that, then you need to rinse or put them in saline solution before you put them in your eyes.
Quote by sam b

Gas permeable lenses...they're a thing. I have them.

But yeah TS its fine.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I'll contact your lenses
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by sam b

Through their mouths
Sail upon the open skies
Honestly, I used to constantly forget about my contacts for months on end. They just never irritated me and I never thought about it. One time I took them out after about 5 months (still not bothering me. Just figured I should) and they both cracked in two. I stopped wearing contacts at that point for the safety of my eyes.
Quote by OddOneOut
Gas permeable lenses...they're a thing. I have them.

But yeah TS its fine.

Me too, but you still have to take them out after a certain time period (day(s)). 2 months seems.. dangerous. Though I suspect he's taking the piss
Been doing it since Ive worn contacts (6 years now). I know it's not good for me and I need to get into the habit of taking them out at least every couple days or so, but I have had no bad side effects except for red eye.

Not saying I promote the habit, just that this far I have been fine with no issues.
Sail upon the open skies
You know that optometrist you had a word with? This would be a great question for that person. Considering that, you know, that's what they do....
Fair enough, genuinely had no idea it was safe (well, more like 'possible') to leave them in that long. Or even sleep in them. Or shower/bath.

I use dailies though, even then they feel uncomfortable after ~14 hours
My Sister Just Got Lysex Or What You Call It That Eye Surgery She Doesn't Nee Contacts No More
I used contact lenses for like two years, but I stopped using them about a month ago, because the optometrist was like you're gonna go blind bro if you don't start taking better care of your eyes.

But I was doing it pretty lazy like I sometimes wore them for 3 days straight when the ones I used should've been taken out every day unless in an emergency. So don't do that.
You'll be fine, TS. Just don't sleep while wearing them.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 22, 2014,
I actually don't understand how people can leave contacts in for a long time without wanting to take them out. I have to take them out after at least 18 hours but I can't go more than 12 without my eyes hurting. Maybe it's because of allergies/eye makeup/I rub my eyes a lot
cat