OK i got a fender mustang 1 and pod hd500 and obviously i don't mix them together,i had the mesa mini rectifier and i set my mustang after the recto side by side and this is what i get:
https://soundcloud.com/tft182/mesa-mini-rectifier-25

Will a fender mustang 3 or 4 sound the same through headphones-usb recording?
The mustnag 1 sounds great at low volumes but bad when cranked so maybe the mustang 3 will fix that

So my question is: should i buy a fender mustang 3-4 so i can run the pod thru the fx loop or buy a powered amp cab like the tech 21 pe60 and keep my little mustang 1?
Or even maybe sell the pod and just get a bigger mustang
the POD HD is better than the mustang (insert model # here) in every way. I'd just get a powered cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sell the Mustang, keep the POD, and buy a powered cab.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I don't see a point in playing a Pod through a Mustang. That's a modeler into a modeler. Use the Pod on its own or the Mustang on its own. I would guess the Pod is better quality. So yeah, get a powered cab for your Pod.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
And the tech 21 pe60 will be able to handle smooth leads and high gain stuff? There's a video of one guy demoing the power engine 60 with the pod and the metal amps sounds pretty horrible, I'd like to spend about $300-$350 on the powered cab
The whole POD and powered cab seems like a relatively expensive setup that pretty much sucks unless you need tons of effects/tones. My buddy has that setup, it's ok, but live he plays with it too much and its really annoying and all over the place with the settings. Not worth the effort IMO, but to each his own, just sayin
For the price of both you can get a nice amp and add some pedals when you can.
Yeah I think that too sometimes but I love the mesa sound and I'm in Mexico so I can go to guitar center and grab an used mesa for $800 they're a lot more expensive here and hard to find in the secondhand market
Do you live far from the US boarder? You can order from the GC used site and have it shipped to the closest GC to you over the boarder.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Mexico city, way far from the border and probably I buy a mesa later but now I'm not gigging and just the have pod to play a record just about anything, however if I get one bigger mustang I could use it (without the pod) to play with a drummer and later to run the pod as a powered cab but idk how it would sound
The Pod is pretty much meant to be played through something that doesn't color the sound if you are going to use the amp/cab models. They should sound closest to the amps they model through a powered cab or something similar - not a guitar amp because guitar amps always color the sound.

As I said, I would guess Pod is better quality than any Fender Mustang.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115