Good evening pit-fiends, it's been a good while since I've had time or subjects to discuss here but at long last I emerge to bother you once more.

The matter of discussion is as follows, myself and wife are heading to Canada in a few days, where we'll be staying for a few weeks. Aside from the usual sightseeing of waterfalls, whales, and trying not to get eaten by bears, I will need to practice my instrument. If only for the sake that it's my job, and I can scarcely not do it, as I tend to become a very annoying human being if I do not play.

I have previously taken my guitar with me, on trips to the USA, and Tenerife. I am however always a bit nervous about being taking my guitar with me in the plane, which thus far I've always managed to do as hand-baggage. I never like taking the risk, though. As should I ever be denied I've scarcely a place to put my instrument, and not the time to return it to home.

So my question in general, where I'm from it's fine and possible to get a 2nd hand guitar for very little cash if you're handy, and I'm looking to find one in Canada - Montreal, where I'll be landing, to be specific. So, a very special question:

If there is someone in this particular city, who has a classical guitar that he or she can miss for a week or two, or knows a pawnshop where I might find one for a reasonable price, or simply rent, would be very welcome. As many suggestions as you can think of, all of which I will eternally grateful for.

...But no blowjobs.

Thanks in advance.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Lots of stores do a monthly rental. That might be an option for you. Be cheaper then buying and get a nicer guitar likely.
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
don't break your leg, healthcare is EXTREMELY expensive in canada
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn

now whos the one being a smart ass?
banned
Quote by Eastwinn

ha ha oh well at least we don't have waiting times am i right i mean who has got an hour to wait for the doctors to finish up with that poor old lady who fell down in the bathtub and wouldn't be able to afford care otherwise? not me i tell ya

cheers
Long & McQuade is a nation wide chain that also does gear rentals. I would start there.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
you and your wife think yer gonna take on canada all by yourselfs huh?

let me tell ya something bud. we have this guy that goes the name of ryan getzlaf. his hairline is receding. he just don't give a ****. he'll knock yer ****in teeth all the way from montreal back to trona back to BC. best be leaving that guitar back home son
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I appreciate some of these suggestions greatly, I've send a few e-mails out to see about the possibilities for foreigners in such matters. But I expect the results to solve my problem fine and good. I'll keep you posted, and if anyone has additional suggestions I am still open for them.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
I appreciate some of these suggestions greatly, I've send a few e-mails out to see about the possibilities for foreigners in such matters. But I expect the results to solve my problem fine and good. I'll keep you posted, and if anyone has additional suggestions I am still open for them.

don't be deterred by the amount of chatter in this thread. that's how it works around here keeps your thread alive anyhow
i don't know why i feel so dry
Taking on Canada sounds like an awful sitcom
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~