Any opinions?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Rather an apples/oranges thing, isn't it? The GS is a 500 dollar small-sized instrument with a laminate back and sides and a short scale.
It's wildly popular and considered a bargain for the money....

I just looked up the Cort and it's a 1500 dollar solid-wood dreadnaught "special edition". Likely a very nice instrument... If you're looking for a dread and have the bucks....
Are you sure about the Cort? I'm getting it for around $400.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

I see... Like many other firms they are releasing several versions of that instrument. The deluxe model is the one I pulled up first.
Still, the Cort is a dread. Quite different than the Taylor which is even smaller overall than an OM or OOO-sized instrument.
Mind, I love my GS Mini and use it for everything... But I bought it for the size. Wonky old shoulders couldn't handle a dreadnaught-sized instrument any more.

Given a price similarity, I'd say it comes down to personal preference as to sound. Generally, a dreadnaught is going to be more powerful overall and tend to the bass tones.... That's why they exist.
The little Taylor is pretty well-balanced and makes a fine guitar for fingerstyle if you don't mind the narrow neck. (I don't...) Flatpicks pretty well.... But it's certainly not a traditional "bluegrass" instrument.